Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Here is what I bought and looks the same as what Ian has used in the manual pictures

Attachments

• BAB9E87C-AB03-4183-8BDE-E08AC220A7D3.jpg
    BAB9E87C-AB03-4183-8BDE-E08AC220A7D3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 285
Disabled Account
Joined 2020
Yes, a volume of those out there. I may eventually go that route after the honeymoon period with my current. My current is actually for a future 15V build so I get 3 protection boards in the kit. I will experiment with 5V, then 3.3V and eventually use all 3 protection boards for the 15V in about a year. After that, I will have to go board-hunting again for the 5V & 3.3V replacements.

Oh, that reminds me. Ian, when you have time after the Group Buy can you point out how to short the 5V? You have to purchase a resistor and then solder on to short versus no resistor to short the 3.3V?

Attachments

• short.png
    short.png
    39 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
This weekend i will probably disconnect the DDDAC to remove the wave IO circuit and mount my FIFO tower. That is after i get confirmation from Ian that my Sinepi has been send! Dont wanna end up without music for a few weeks.
Doede will send me or already send me some other things i need to get things into working order.
This hobby is sometimes turning into a buying hobby like a lady buying pair of shoes number 100. She will show them to everyone, no matter if they are interested or not.
WE are doing the same and we know we do but will find an excuse to do so.
Are we going to reduce audio expenses in 2022 with 50 % and spend time and money exploring new music. Suppose you love listening to piano music and you will '' hire '' someone with playing piano skills to enjoy music together. Get to know how a musician listen to music. If you have the '' ability '' to learn to listen like a musician by spending something like 2000 euros in one year on education instead of the latest audiophile upgrade, why not?
Greetings, Eduard

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
In my case, I'm done on this side of the audio world. It's just added optimisations that's not mandatory in 2022 and to enjoy the music.

It was mainly about education and going through the learning curve here.

Fortunately, I didn't have to go through the learning curve of putting together Andrea's board since he offers a finished board this year.

The SinePi is helpful too as Andrea's squarer would probably be problematic for me to implement.

So I will enjoy with Ian's genius and Andrea's clock for 1-2 years. Since I'm more familiar with power options now, I want to eventually build Dual Xeon Music Servers powered by Ultra Caps. I would never build anything running off Mains. So hopefully I can learn how to scale Ultra Caps by that time enough to power large servers.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
Today i '' worked '' a bit on my fifo tower. The longest wire between the lifepo4 3,3 volt output and the fifo or the reclockpi board is 80 mm. If you see the soldering '' area '' for the pin to mount the power supply terminal i wouldnt worry to much about the diameter of the cable connecting the two boards. Diameter of the hole is not more than 1 millimeter and the soldering area is not big enough to make the hole a little bigger.
Kimber TCSS hook up wire ( 19AWG) just fits but only if you dont pre tin it. I have silver wire from Dave Slagle used for his transformers. Thinner so probably two will fit.
Maybe use a bit thicker cable to connect the UcHybrid boards to the lifepo4 boards to make them less fragile AND a bit for the looks. Also a bit safer because the cells are never fully discharged!
Greetings, Eduard

Pair of Eaton XL60-3R0308T-R 3000F/3V ultracapacitors have installed to a UcPure 3.3V power supply.

I'll use it in continuous output configuration to power a SinePi and FifoPi clean side.

They look nice and work great without any problem. I need a couple of days of break in before I get them compared with my Maxwell 3000F/2.7V caps.

Ian

Attachments

• AllinOne200455.jpg
    AllinOne200455.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 310
  • AllinOne200456.jpg
    AllinOne200456.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2020
Amazing implement Ian. I'll check out M12 supplies on Mouser or Machine Shops.

I don't see a balancing board. A balancing / protection board is not needed for 3.3V or 5V?

If a balancing board is not needed, it will change my arc as I don't need 15V for quite a while...

I'll be happy with something exactly like your photo with the Eatons 3V.

Looking forward to your comparison with the Maxwells. Like I mentioned I missed out on the Golden Era of Pulsar Clocks and Maxwells, so if Eatons >= Maxwells and Andrea's Clock > Pulsar Clocks I'll be good. Although I really need a Pulsar Clock DIL14 equivalent for transportable use.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2020
If I cancel my kit, I might try these cooper bars. No right-angle though, so will just run straight vertical on one end for positive and negative terminals. But the kit is a good buy as it may become OBSOLETE status soon. Decisions, decisions. Dependent on whether a protection board is optional with 3V.

Attachments

• measure.png
    measure.png
    845.3 KB · Views: 120
  • size.png
    size.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 125
  • example.png
    example.png
    630.5 KB · Views: 245
  • bar2.png
    bar2.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 239
  • bar1.png
    bar1.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2020
I'm so ready for no protection board:

1. Cancel Kit
  2. Buy Cooper Bars
  3. Buy Phoenix Contacts M12
  4. Buy McMaster-Carr Flange M12 Nuts
  5. Buy Noco Battery Case
MFG_32400xx.jpg
95150a170c3-b01-digital-master1582304715-p9@1x_637178800746277499.png

hm306bks-vehicle-battery-storage-box-camera4.jpg

If we still need a protection board, then I may just stay the course.

I'm also considering 6AWG stranded on the back-end and 18AWG solid core on the front-end.

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
I haven't confirmed they are still in business since their website is not updated @ 2015. But I have seen their products on Amazon third-party and eBay.

SUPER CAP STRAPS

I'm pretty sure this is their eBay account:

Low-Z Copper Strap,12 pack,Maxwell Ultra Capacitor Farad BCAP P270 K04,< 20uOhm 680474114412 | eBay

I get free shipping domestically if I order direct, so may pursue that route.

I'm also considering ordering the SMA connector finger thumb wrench for the SMA cabling.

Note: I haven't gone through the Eaton / Tecate spec dimensions yet to compare size with Maxwells. I wouldn't mind the Aluminum (Repeating in both US and UK pronunciation) either. It doesn't have to be Cooper.

Be careful too if you order on eBay to order the M12 not the M8. It can easily be overlooked since the packaging is exactly the same.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 94
  • sma1.png
    sma1.png
    826.6 KB · Views: 106
  • sma2.png
    sma2.png
    506 KB · Views: 104
  • alum.png
    alum.png