And what did we buy today?

Hi kodabmx,
Ever wonder why an entire floor is devoted to lifestyle (Bose)?

Whatever you do, do not allow them to service anything. I have seen them write-off products while doing warranty service. Just buy from them if you must.

Well they got rid of that stuff finally... The Manulife Centre was renovated, and the store is one floor now. I bought a cartridge, stylus, and a couple of pairs of headphones there in the past. Was considering the "turntable clinic" for them to align the cartridge etc but I got it pretty well bang on now anyway.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Chances are you did a better job anyway.

If they have a good price you're fine to buy there of course. In my personal view, other dealers deserve your dollars because they can properly advise you and will have your interests at heart. Not all, and I'm not about to rank them. The good dealers are out there!

Cool stuff Gareth!

I’m working on a mono preamp, mostly Kondo M7 schematic

Attachments

• 705A10C9-9A22-43CD-9E62-0F30966539DB.jpeg
    705A10C9-9A22-43CD-9E62-0F30966539DB.jpeg
    716.8 KB · Views: 135
I should go a see a friend who has his own business and have loads of copper ...

Bought a small bad with powdered onion, wanted granulated onion, but none found. Also a a pack of instant raspberry mousse (tasted very chemically :yuck:) and some anti-inflammatory tablets for my knee.

The problems with the tablets is that they constantly fall off. I will try duct tape tonite.

can’t say I’m a fan of metalwork, don’t do it often which is why my projects take on average 10 years. Recently purchased some Hammond steel boxes for a couple of tube amp projects but what really got things moving was relocating my bench&drill press from a cold cramped basement to my garage. Working with space, light and sunshine finally got me off the sofa!

Attachments

• 84BE63F3-DFA7-4A11-BC09-A8C805C796AD.jpg
    84BE63F3-DFA7-4A11-BC09-A8C805C796AD.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 161
  • EBBCF533-0CD1-4941-B759-F93B1BFB56E0.jpeg
    EBBCF533-0CD1-4941-B759-F93B1BFB56E0.jpeg
    578.2 KB · Views: 153
I must say that I have a growing list of items I want to buy from LCSC...

But I have recently acquired some old through hole parts to keep me experimenting into my old age, 100 of each transistor I could think of in 10 minutes.

This time I got some 2SA773P and 2SC945, mentioned earlier, but 2N3904/6, BC550C/560C, BC547B/BC557B, BD139/140.

I'm so unfamiliar with the Japanese parts, or there would probably be another 8 parts or so to add to that...

Bought a little clip-on guitar tuner off ebay. D'Addario, was supposed to be pretty good. Pulled the battery isolation tab, turned it on and all it displays is "B" - no matter what...

Printed the return label and caught the USPS delivery person the same day. Sheesh - one would think a seller would at least test out an item to see if it actually works before listing. Oh, just list as "new", then you wont have to.

I bought a pair of similar units off amazon for the same price as I already paid. Another week. Wish I'd went there 1st, now!