And what did we buy today?

10$/kg LOL

Sorry, not a fan of fish.

Attachments

• 999999-61763023163 Fish Sticks.jpg
    999999-61763023163 Fish Sticks.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 98
It's mostly fish... And I'd prefer that to a salmon steak any day of the week but only if I can drench it in malt vinegar.

Here's the ingredient list.

"MINCED FISH FILLETS (HADDOCK/POLLOCK/COD), WATER, TOASTED WHEAT CRUMBS, MODIFIED STARCH (CORN), FLOUR (CORN, WHEAT, SOY), SUGAR, BAKING POWDER, VEGETABLE OIL (MODIFIED PALM), SODIUM PHOSPHATE, GUAR GUM, SPICES. BROWNED IN
CANOLA OIL."

That isn't fish.

It's mostly fish...

Fish was what we caught in the backyard lake as a kid (bass).

Or what we caught in the bay or the keys as a teenager (Snapper, Snook, Redfish, Grouper).

Either way mom would fry it up for dinner often less than an hour after it was caught.....people from Georgia and Tennessee tend to fry just about everything, or at least they did in the 1960's.

What did I buy two weeks ago, a set of boards and front panel to build a sequencer for my modular synthesizer.

Super Sixteen PCB and Panel set w/ microcontroller
– Extralife Instruments

The next day I ordered the parts that I needed for it from Mouser and Digikey.

Then show happened. The boards came from San Francisco via the USPS. They took 12 days to get here. Digikey is in Minnesota, yes it snows there, but they know how to deal with it. The parts arrived in 4 days. Mouser is in Texas near Dallas. Mouser was shut down completely for 3 days. They got the order ready on the 4th day, but Fedex was still shut down, so Mouser agreed to send the box Fedex overnight, and they trucked their shipments to Fedex. “When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight," Fedex (TV commercial from the 1970's). Fedex took 9 days, the box got here yesterday.

I finished building the module this morning, and I'm about to wire it up to my low noise all analog power supply and do the calibration routines. After that it will be hooked up to "Blue," my 1 V/oct music synthesizer that I built about 3 years ago. The Super Sixteen only works with gate / CV analog synthesizer or modular equipment, it does not speak MIDI.

It will then find a home a "another brick in the wall" in my modular synth system, which has grown some since that picture was taken.

Attachments

• P3990336_x.jpg
    P3990336_x.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 135
  • P3990338_x.jpg
    P3990338_x.jpg
    875.7 KB · Views: 139
  • P3990340_x.jpg
    P3990340_x.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 138
  • P3730406_x.jpg
    P3730406_x.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I like sea fishing. I take a rod with me when I go abroad for work.
Nice, not many would think about bringing their rod with them.
I really do not like eating fish or seafood.
Personal problem.
The smell turns my stomach ( but not fresh caught fish )
This is why I eat as much seafood as I can raw. The more you cook, the stinkier it gets. Not kidding. You can't cook the stink out, you have to nip the stink in the bud. Just don't cook it.

It's mostly fish...
You either missed the humour or you have no sense of it. My friend, we know what the ingredients are on that so called fish sticks product. Fish sticks are to fish what cheese whiz is to cheese.
LOL That's basically how I feel about all seafood. I prefer my food to have walked around.
Yes, I particularly like the part where they require multiple cleansing and sterilizing steps after having walked and paddled around in their own excrement. Yum.
Compare that with seafood that requires little to no such treatment and can often be eaten raw.

Notice I did not include all water food. I am very aware of the river dwellers that will not pass these lips short of being on Gilligan's Island.

Oh, did I mention the difference in food value? Nah, let's not go there it's Friday night and time for a nice fish meal, right? Personally I can't wait. I have some Captain High Liner sticks I'ma bring out. :)

It's appliance armageddon here. Samsung microwave turntable motor, Frigidaire ice maker, KitchenAid worm gear all purchased today or recently.

Also a few of those small tube experimenter perfboards, 2x 7/9 pin and 2x 8 pin. Hopefully I can knock out a couple of projects where the stock PCB design just doesn't cut it.