And what did we buy today?

Hello and merry Christmas to you all.
I bought for myself theese gigantic kendeil capacitors, 180000uf 63v.
They measure 180mm high and 80mm wide, I bought 6 of them, for some future project, or projects, six in one build is madness

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201224-123508_DBA.jpg
    Screenshot_20201224-123508_DBA.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 183
I suspect this thread will wake up today.

So far bought my 1st microcontroller in 15 yrs or so, a Pi Zero W, plus an ethernet mini board to attempt the ethernet hack.

Finally upgraded my internet, called up my ISP and used the "c" word, and going from 8 Mbps (don't laugh) to 150 Mbps for same monthly price + 1 time credit.

Still shopping for an "owed" xmas present toy for myself, but haven't chosen yet. Backlog of car and audio projects is so big I don't think I should buy anything that needs assembly :D

^^ We just did the same thing basically with the net provider...

Seems to have been a good choice so far.

Picked up another (free) mid-fi system a couple days ago, haven’t decided quite what to do with it yet. Am thinking to harvest the 10, healthy looking 3” 16ohm speakers and make some mini towers @ 3.2ohms each for yet another compact Bluetooth setup. The speakers as provided are tiny, sealed and peaky, obviously meant for dsp.

The tuner is a ten year old HK unit that may get traded away possibly. Was full of dust, which has been redistributed to our driveway via compressed air.

The 10” sub looks like a mini-fridge, not sure what will become of that. Maybe combined with a very similar unused JBL unit here to make a set of stands for the Magnepan SMGs. Would be the warmest sounding speakers ever!

Last thing I bought at ReStore was a traffic light controller! I didn't even know what the hell it was, but for fifteen bucks I said, You're coming home with me lil' feller. Turns out it's got an 8051 or something, a whole buncha logic chips, a crude graphical LCD and a mess of other useful parts inside. There were actually 2 of them on the shelf; by the time I figured out what they were & went back for the other one, it was gone. I snoozed, I loozed. :(

Last edited:
A trackball for my workbench computer so I won't have to deal with mouse rolling over shavings and the real estate of a mouse pad.

2 identical computer 2.1 speakers to mod into a 2.2 system. I suspect this will sound great and become a whole room system. Thought it would take experimentation on my part, but I Googled it and sure enough the Logitech DB-9 pinout is already out there on the interwebs.