And what did we buy today?

I bought 10 pcs of these cheap DC-DC step-up converters, using the XL6009 regulator.

I use them for creating 6.3VDC from my 6.3VAC transformer winding. I will add a Schottky bridge and 66000 uF for the raw DC voltage.

Regards, Gerrit

Attachments

• D34E7344-A1BD-45F7-82DA-19DC7D6C830C.jpeg
    D34E7344-A1BD-45F7-82DA-19DC7D6C830C.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 176
LOXJIE D10

I bought a LOXJIE D10 dac, and got it in the mail a couple of days ago.

I had an smsl M300, but the display died on me after plugging it into the raspberry pi. I mailed it back to china (for repair) using standard shipping, not sure what happened to it, they haven't received it and it's been 3 months.

Today: unwrapping this new (to me) lens was like unwrapping my first and only 2A3 from JJ. There’s that mixture of glass, metal, precision and a sense that this technological marvel is often appreciated for how it’s used in an artistic/subjective world.

Attachments

• BD3D1E5C-02A5-441A-833A-D941AC56390E.jpeg
    BD3D1E5C-02A5-441A-833A-D941AC56390E.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Close... it’s an older generation Summilux 50mm, one of the lightest versions. Yes, I now have one extra 50mm lens (an Elmar 2.8) compared to what I need, at least until such time I’m feeling sure what works best for me before I sell the one I don’t want. On the other hand, just as tubes sound differently, lenses draw differently and rolling lenses is another part of the hobby. Unlike tubes, lenses don’t wear out as easily so despite their high cost you are often only ‘renting them’ before the next owner.

Last edited:
A small arts & crafts kit and a chocolate bar from the Befana for my girls'. I remember as a kid my older brother telling me Santa wasn't real but I still believed in the Befana before he spoiled that 1 or 2 years later. My poor wife went to bed forgetting to drain a glass of wine for staging.

Nice purchase! :)

I wound up acquiring one of those in almost-new condition several years ago. My brother rescued it from the trash heap, knowing I'd give it a good home. Apparently his boss was tired of vinyl and figured it wasn't worth the trouble to sell.

It's great with an Ortofon 2M Blue, and the teak plinth is simple and beautiful. I do need to replace the electrolytics though, and the phono plugs will likely need replacement as the plastic seems to degrade over time.

Otherwise I think it's a winner for sure - one of the better belt-drive tables of the era. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine!

Last edited:
Nice purchase! :)

It's great with an Ortofon 2M Blue,

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine!

When I got it home, I discovered that one foot was buggered up, and missing a cushion and adjustment washer from the stackup. Luck was with me -- I found a set of replacement parts for one foot on fleabay that day -- and within 100 miles. It came in the mail today, and all of that is restored.

The Ortofon 2M blue cartridge came mounted on it, which I agree has nice detail. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to my fat fingers and broke the needle off of it. :eek:

My next "And what did we buy today?" is a new stylus. :rolleyes: