And what did we buy today?

That's cool Woody - and it has all the speeds you need.

Yes, but it is a "shocking" direct from the power lines design. There is only one 60+ year old paper cap separating the chassis, volume control, phono cartridge and any metal part from the wall outlet. The .05uF 400 volt cap on the left side of the schematic is referred to as the "death cap" for a justifiable reason.

Add an isolation transformer to this thing before playing with it. A $16 Triad N-68X will work.

I am going to pass it up anyway I don't see how to hook it up to my Atwater Kent model 43. And I am not shure my model 43 still works as I don't have the nerve to plug a 92 year old radio up. ( anyone in the Atlantia Ga. area who likes old radios let me know have I got a deal for you )

Attachments

• ak43.gif
    ak43.gif
    34.3 KB · Views: 130
Spent $20 on a used suspension bike for my 7 yr old that needs a new tube. I asked "is it a flat or a slow leak?" and was answered "there's no valve stem".

Oh, but the big one was that 8 days after giving a green light to a roofer for re shingling our rental house, today I gave the same roofer a green light to re shingle our residence. I guess that's what they mean by "house poor".

Yup, not there yet. Actually, I am HAPPY about the roof situation. So much better to be able to go out and get competitive bids and get what you want. My brother is in Mtl and roofing is basically a clufu there, at least on the inner city flat roofs.
The big local bike shop went to an exclusively curbside pickup business model during the lockdown. Had no idea.

Last edited:
I was pretty happy with what I paid. There are plenty of the "young guys with a ladder" crews out here, which probably keeps the big guys honest. I wanted a quality install without shortcuts.

I actually struggled over the decision whether to get the impact resistant shingles. Huge hail storms seem to be getting more frequent. But 28% more was too much for me.

The rental house was way overdue. Insurance company had given notice long ago that they were only covering 25% of roof related damage because of the age.

No damage though. They just pulled off the shingles, which were nailed directly to the sheathing as that was OK in 1997, and put everything new per manufacturer's instructions, no reusing material.

I was pretty happy with what I paid. There are plenty of the "young guys with a ladder" crews out here, which probably keeps the big guys honest. I wanted a quality install without shortcuts.

I actually struggled over the decision whether to get the impact resistant shingles. Huge hail storms seem to be getting more frequent. But 28% more was too much for me.

The rental house was way overdue. Insurance company had given notice long ago that they were only covering 25% of roof related damage because of the age.

No damage though. They just pulled off the shingles, which were nailed directly to the sheathing as that was OK in 1997, and put everything new per manufacturer's instructions, no reusing material.

Down here, all houses are made of brick and reinforced concrete, all ceilings are concrete and most are flat, so you dont have to worry that much about structural integrity over the years, however, waterproofing is another matter, I constantly have to pay for waterproofing, perhaps as frequently as once every 1 or 2 years. I have tile floor on my ceiling for a roof garden/party roof, and I've had to lift the tiles 2 or three times and waterproof because water was getting in between the cracks, its been a nightmare really but now I'm happy that it is finally over..

THAT would drive me crazy. Chasing water leaks in a house exterior is stressful.
It is amazing how housing is so different over the world. I remember when I was a child visiting my grandparents in Italy, seeing houses under construction I would think "what?!" Then as an adult visiting my in-laws and their family in China, I would see residential bathrooms and think "what?!"

D*rn Swedish Post!!!:mad: A package with my Tees arrived at the postoffice (handling overseas packages) in the next town (10 miles away) a month ago, but I never got any notifications, nor by post nor by text to my phone. But just happened to check Red Bubbles site to see where my package had gone ... It had been lying there for a month so I went to pick it up.

Now I can dress up like a MAN.:D

GFUN can decode the first two tees.

Attachments

• Tee.jpg
    Tee.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited: