And what did we buy today?

Was there no membrane under the tiles? Water getting past the tiles should not enter the residence. Tiles (pavers) are decorative only. The real work goes on underneath them.

Yes there was membrane under the tiles, but even then, water will still get through, the solution ended up being a tire rubber like sealant, and using clear sealant between the tiles, that is the one that has to be replaced every year or two.

As states in the USA open up, I see where I live the long lines at the Goodwill drop off platform. I tried to ditch a couple of speakers there today; there were 8 cars ahead of me and a sign declaring "donations at capacity", so I gave up on the idea.

Guess folks have had a lot of time to ponder what they dont need anymore...

Sometimes, I find audio gear in such places, including speakers. To that end I gutted an old, garbage BT speaker for its electronics, replaced the battery and affixed clip leads to the speaker output. A pink noise file on my phone and I'm in business for a portable speaker evaluator - use by connecting and listening.

Surprising the "out of the box" bandwidth of the little junk amplifier looks like this (attached) with an 8 ohm, non inductive resistor. It originally drove a 2" driver. I bet it makes 1W.

Better use of it than toss into the garbage can!

Attachments

• FFT across 8 Ohms.jpg
    FFT across 8 Ohms.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 245
Well I bought a cheap Chinese tube preamp that runs from 12VDC, and a TPA3116 based amp board, and made a 12V audio system for tomorrows 6 hour power outage. Got a 300W pure sine inverter and 2 car batteries to run the internet and TV, too.

Tonight, I'll crank the AC and see if I can get icicles in here so I can coast on it for a while.

Yesterday, but anyway... Avometer 8 Mk II.

Needed new batteries, almost done rigging a 15v out of 5 x CR2032 and a spacer using nickel strip, the other is just a "D" cell.

This picture was taken after a light cleaning, but I think I will go back in with a toothbrush and then retouch the white paint in the engraved markings.

I'll also knock up some test leads which are more like the originals. IMG_20200622_224946.jpg

I bought one of these inverters in the hope of powering a single tube preamp/buffer.

Unfortunately, it arrived damaged - supposedly from a UK source.

The seller has issued an immediate refund !!

So I guess it will be appearing in the repair thread soon .

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 123
Recently found a led light bulb generating extreme emi both radiated and conducted.
Visually there was no indication it was malfunctioning.
So I purchased these line filters to test. These are single fuse but EMpioneer sells dual fuse units as well.
From ebay.

Attachments

• 00E5628B-7401-4E9A-B117-3B7A6B605F0B.jpeg
    00E5628B-7401-4E9A-B117-3B7A6B605F0B.jpeg
    522.2 KB · Views: 168
A haircut at my favorite barber, Hassan from Marocco. He's the best barber in the World (almost), never a dull moment sitting in the chair having hair, eyebrows and beard trimmed while talking about pandemics, travels, the political system in Morocco ...

Also had to buy a tray with eggs and a pack of Resorb (the kind of tables, when dissolved in water helps rehydrating the body and adding minerals lost due to heavy sweating).

Tekton Design - Brilliance!

Bought - and picked up a pair of Tekton speakers this weekend! Really like them - lots of quality sound for the money!

Brilliance model - bought them used - love the style!

When I want warmth and comfort - I listen to my Spendor 7/1's - When I want accuracy and attack - the Tekton's fit the bill.

They live up to their reputation!

Been working on the Vette a lot lately, so bought some 2x10's and 2x4's to make some custom car ramps, partly financed by selling my commercial car ramps.
Also saw some skull & crossbones valve stem caps on a car show and bought them on Ali. Normally my engineer OCD won't let me purposely unbalance a wheel like that but the little boy won out.