And what did we buy today?

I'm still in shock from signing that contract.

If I’d been closer to your place I could’ve lent you a pen for that :p

My late missus spotted our dodgy roof and got it sorted. After she had left us I found out the shingles were a known issue and I ended up part of a Class Action against the supplier that recently paid out a rather small part of my costs along with many other disgruntled house owners and these costs weren’t trivial - I feel your pain. I believe it wasn’t the only company involved but the good news is that these suppliers had to pull their crappy product so you are likely getting the good stuff.

Last edited:
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
"baby butt" tweeters
Earl used to own some. I can't find an appropriate post just now but IIRC he saw them as good speakers.

Of course then he went to OS and looking back said that the JBLs had an obvious sound to them. I don't know whether that could have been compensated in the crossover, I don't recall it being labelled as anything but a smaller issue.

Attachments

• tangent40.jpg
    tangent40.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 192
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
Bought last week and received two days ago a Cardas 5 pin din phono plug from a well known company on the other side of the big pond so to say.
Take a look at the quality. Dont need a caliper for this one.
Yesterday bought a set of special resistors from Dave Slagle to set the current through my VT25 tubes.
Greetings, Eduard

Attachments

• cardas.jpg
    cardas.jpg
    706.9 KB · Views: 182
  • dave slagle weerstand 4.png
    dave slagle weerstand 4.png
    365.3 KB · Views: 176
I think the first thing I'll do with my Klipsch speakers is to ease out the crossovers and have a look at what's there. If there's electrolytics, in the crossover, they will have had about 30 years to dry out. The sensitivity and bass are nice, but the treble shoutiness at high volume has to go...

I have heard complaints of the Heresy having shoutiness, but have never experienced it with he four pair I have lived with.

I currently have one set from 1977 and one set form the 80s (series II). Series II is in the dining room with a 6P41S SE amp for everyday listening while cooking or dining.

The Series 1 are downstairs driven by an Onkyo TX-NR838 AV receiver along with home made surrounds.

Recent purchase, two sets of 5 ea CAT6a shielded 10' patch cables and two 50' cables. I am upgrading my house wiring.