And what did we buy today?

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hmmm. It doesn't look like that is targeted for vegetable gardens.:rolleyes:

That isn't the target market, however:

"MEGA CROP can be used as a standalone complete feeding fertilizer and nutrient all crops or plants. It has special forms of nutrients, and complete selection of nutrients, which allows maximum absorption for all plant types, while preventing burning or overfeeding problems, allowing it to work universally.

The formula was designed specially for Cannabis, however can be used just as fine with Tomatoes, Peppers, Strawberries, food crops and ornamentals. The important factor is getting proper dosing strength/ppm for your crop. Leafy green crops, which normally need higher nitrogen ratios, can be used with MEGA CROP by running higher ppm/dose than normal to supply the extra nitrogen, or by also supplementing a separate nitrogen product (such as Cal-Mag or Calcium Nitrate)."

The fact that it works well for Cannabis simply means I need to keep fewer fertilizers around. Time will tell if this "all-in-one" solution will simplify and satisfy.

Try it with dark chocolate ....
I just chew 'em like candies. I noticed I don't need as many as I did with Metoprolol.
A 500Gb SSD drive for my laptop.
:checked: Same, for my desktop though. No laptop.
The 2Tb drive
:checked: Same, for Time Machine
Everything has been backed up to a 64Gb stick.
:checked: 128 for my work stuff and 128 for my music.
SSD is going to blow your mind, Andy!
:checked: Yup.

Just got a 10 inch saw blade for a table saw that was given to me broken.
Ryobi BT3000 table saw finally had died after years of use.
Needed a bearing replaced on the front of the armature.

Hoping the local wood cutter will supply me with some green HoneyLocust to play with.
Want to make a prettier lower midrange horn that the current pine horns.

Buy today?
McDonalds Big Mac meal. Yup, I know you'll want to see pics or it never happened but it's true. I can't fathom how many times the earth went around the sun the last time I did that.

Now to free my soul, I will admit that it was a terribly disappointing experience especially when I took the top bun off to add those little packets of pepper. I think the pepper weighs as much as the beef patties and the first thing that came to mind was a sweet old lady in the Wendy's commercials of yore.

Wallet finally squeaked open for a new smartphone. A Moto G7 to replace my G5, which is noticeably slowing down.

Other than that, much of the same. Some electrical boxes to install dusk-till-dawn coach lanterns, etc.

One cool thing is that one of the free cable boxes I got with my free DVDP is PERFECT to house the DAC I'm putting together. Finally, something audio I made will be stackable in a hifi stand!

Wow. My data fills 94% of an 8TB disk and that doesn't count my 1TB NVM.e or the 500GB SSD.

I'm looking into getting a 16tb drive, but not until they come down from space :)

I have always had two hard discs on my pc to keep backups of projects.
Anything important was burned to a DVD now and then.

In 2006 my Windows went wrong so I reinstalled clean Windows and for some reason it not only formatted main drive but backup drive too !
I managed to find most of my stuff on the DVD's but some wasnt double backed up so was lost for good.
So now I have the two hard drives, occasional DVD but also backup to two 128GB flash drives. I also keep a flash drive in the car in case of fire.
I also now when reinstalling windows disconnect the second drive !!!!

Good idea RE disconnecting the other disk.

My 8TB is in a dock, so in case of an emergency, I can grab it and run, and my most important stuff is backed up to Mega, Yandex, Google etc.

Right now, I even have a 6GB RAID array that is empty in case I run out of space on the data drive... I could break it into 3 and 3 to have the backup ability, too. I no longer even own an optical drive, and the new computer case doesn't have any 5 1/4 bays either... HDD space is cheaper than blank media now.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
My NAS has 7TB (2x 4TB RAID-1 + 2x 3TB RAID-1). It runs OpenMediaVault, Nextcloud, Plex, etc. in VMs.

Dedicated surveillance server with twin (RAID-1) 750GB drives.

My main workstation has 2x 256GB SSD + 1.5TB HD + 5TB external drive.

I'm not in any real danger of running out of space, or losing data. Critical data is rsynced to my server at work.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Almost forgot, an AC/DC current probe for my oscilloscope. It's only good to about 100 KHz, but the one I want that has a high bandwidth costs north of $5K. This will do for the immediate future. This is unit #2 - a different model completely.

Bought from our friends at Ali Express.

-Chris

Boy, you gotta be careful with this lockdown thingy, just too easy to browse eBay and click on the eye candy. This fountain pen turned up today and I think I may have clicked on it only a few days ago :cool:

Attachments

• 64883FB8-3A23-4FCA-9ED4-321EDCA258A0.jpeg
    64883FB8-3A23-4FCA-9ED4-321EDCA258A0.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 103