And what did we buy today?

Scored a 19" TV off of online classifieds for $10. Who bothers with a 19" TV you say? Someone like me who needs a small TV to fit on the 'scopes shelf of his new workbench. Was pleasantly surprised that it's LED backlit, all functions accessible despite missing remote, and has a wide array of I/O jacks.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Did he show you how to hook it up? I always get confused with the Red/Black thing. I'm more of a Red Green kinda guy.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

The kid from the parts store did all the work and was super quick. He admitted that he does it several times a day, lots of practice. He took the old battery back to the store, too.

Went to IKEA and bought some power bars for the new workbench and to clean up the wiring around the satellite switches on the main panel.

Bought a couple of AD844's on Ebay, they looked to be the cheapest CFB opamps that looked genuine in the picture and came from a seller with a high rating.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi phase,
The critters are doing fine, thanks. I tried to take them both for a walk this morning and it killed my back completely. I took Sterling (standard Poodle) out this afternoon and even though he was very good, I shouldn't have done that. To say that I'm sore right now is an understatement. I had two Endocet (like Percocet) and they didn't touch it. The second went down the hatch an hour and a bit after the first one. I must be immune to the darned things.

Incidentally, my first daughter was known as "critter" while she was in the oven.

-Chris

Today I bought about $250 in parts from Digikey for two repairs. I hope I don't run into any snags.

Ooh, that's the one with the built-in Moog eh?

<google google>

Ah, it IS a Moog, forgot how that went after all these years. Nice!

I am halfway through CADing the PCB, but the switches and potentiometers are either difficult to find or extremely expensive.

RS wanted a cheap consumer synth and Moog constructed this one, meaning that it is VERY moogish. The filter is straight out of Moog's textbook.

Maybe a bit expensive, but I hope well worth the money. I did spot a similar in Germany, but the PCB was stripped from all "nice stuff" and most of the keys missing and the price was still $250.

Today I bought some wiper blades for the wife’s car, decided to leave mine for now, were too expensive at the local store. They wanted $30 each for some of the “better quality” ones, so potentially $120 for wiper blades for two cars. Wow, have paid less for an entire car.

Chris, I hope your back is doing better, that sucks!
Funny about your daughters first nickname...