And what did we buy today?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Magnus,
That sounds interesting. I remember those from the '70's. That and the 2SA798 were popular in Japanese stereo amplifiers.

Pretty often the match between the two devices wasn't that good, but they were better than using a pair picked out of the parts drawer at random. Being in the same package was a huge advantage though.

Where did you order yours from?

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi phase,
We won't have Eve until later on tonight when we get home from picking her up. Then the dogs will meet.

So far we know she gets along with people and other dogs well. My daughter has been fostering it for a week. She has a pair of dogs as well and let us know how well they were getting along.

Eve will meet Sterling when she gets here this evening. Sterling is great with other dogs and humans also. This will probably be anti-climactic. I will let you know how it all goes.

-Chris

Where did you order yours from?

-Chris
This is a blindshot from the hip with an old Swediish sub-machinegun (m/45). Having read about people buying advanced vintage chips from AliExpress, I also gave it a try.
The LM394 can be found at Unicorn Electronics, but a real good (???) price I ordered the stuff from China.

The VCO they are going into is Yuisynths two variantions with the LM395 and the 2SC1583.
I did order some CA3046/86/96 for Yui's VCF from Unicorn.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Magnus,
I guess a peek is warrented. If the price is reasonable I may buy a couple. My biggest fear is that a Chinese company may be manufacturing these, and how good would they be? If this is happening and the quality is good, then more power to them.

Thanks for the direction Magnus!

-Chris

Just sold my old rack on NZ auction site Trademe. Embarrassing thing is I'd arranged for potential local buyer to have a look and some one hit "Buy Now! " 15 minutes before he arrived! Couldn't do anything except let him look at what he'd missed out on buying and offer him first chance if the buyer doesn't pay up.

I bought a lifetime of memories for us, my daughter, her husband, and the 4 grandkids.

This "purchase" started almost three years ago when we hatched this plan, and ended last night when we returned home.....the expense however will linger for a while.

The grandkids refer to the "Best Christmas Ever." Some of the T-shirts seen on this venture referred to "The most expensive Christmas ever," or "The most financially irresponsible Christmas ever."

We took them (8 people total) on a 12 day trip to Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. Estimated total expense, about $5K......that's not counting the van I bought to get some of us and all the "stuff" there, or the rented van to get the other people there.