AmyAlice: DC filter for SMPS, using 2 feedthru capacitors + SMD assembly. max 3A & max 48V

Joined 2011
Paid Member
ahem.

Attachments

• ipa_image.png
    ipa_image.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: 1 user
Soaking your PCB's in a covered container with enough IPA to cover the PCB is the lazy person's way. Then an old junky toothbrush to scrub it all off does the trick. (Rinse well, keep scrubbing with toothbrush)

Thanks, Mark for this design! I hope there's no issue if I poach the circuit and park it on the power input of some of my future boards?

Daniel

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Please feel free to call your creation any name you like, as long as it's NOT "AmyAlice". AmyAlice includes no R050 resistor and no 1K resistor and no 0.1uF capacitor and CERTAINLY no toroidal common mode choke. AmyAlice has two inductors per rail (not four). AmyAlice includes a TVS, missing from yours. Whatever that circuit in #69 happens to be, it certainly isn't AmyAlice.

_

Last edited:
Joined 2020
Paid Member
Thanks for a great intro into SMT. I've built 3 with more on the horizon, when parts arrive from Mouser.

Replaced 2 P089ZB (original SMPS) and the deference in sound is pretty stunning. Most notably in the ACA Mini amp. The sound dynamics increased beyond what I could have imagined possible.

Appreciate all you're education bits regarding SMT tech.

this is t he first board that is setup for the negative side of a power supply source. Waiting to build the positive side of the rail.

IMG_1075.jpeg

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Congratulations @carlpsyd , glad you tried SMD and succeeded! Thanks for the listening evaluations as well.

I think you may want to double check whether you remembered to rotate TVS Diode "D1" on the Negative Supply Filter PCB shown in post #73. The diagram showing the proper rotations is attached to post #31.