Aleph P v1.7 Build from Wisconsin

Chris,

Do you have a link for those “female type” resistor socket doohickeys (the one over LR32)?

Best,
Anand.
Sure thing. I just removed the pins from a SIP strip and soldered them in place. I fetched them from my neighbor who also does electronic projects. I asked him specifically if he had some with round sockets for hood lead contact, unlike the square contacts I have for PCB risers and such. Let me see if I can find a manufacturer and part number.

Edit: this looks mighty close -
https://mou.sr/3jq3iPy

CE52B08B-03D0-4034-AE33-003CC2E76644.jpeg
8D4268BC-8E2B-4E3B-93B2-0BD9EC2FD382.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi Chris,
I just got the same boards from Jim's audio. They did not give me any of the docs at first. Then I got a BOM and schematic (attached- as they are both on one pdf) which where not really complete. Missing what power ratings for the resistors etc. , as well as no voltage requirements. I just saw that on the schematic you had, it needs a 14v supply for the board(s).
Any advice (or even a correct BOM) or other documentation that might be helpful would be appritiated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Aleph P Sch_BOM lgy.pdf
    334.2 KB · Views: 54
I believe I used the original AP schematics from Mr Pass as guidance if I recall. Let me see if I can pull my Mouser order for you. Might take me a bit so remind me if I forget. :)

And if memory serves, you only have to feed it one power source. I believe his board has the rectification onboard for all supplies. Trying to remember the toroid I used. Let me look back through the post history.

Edit: This one is an Antek 100VA 30x2. AS-1230. Series windings to get 60V.

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
I just got the same boards from Jim's audio. They did not give me any of the docs at first. Then I got a BOM and schematic (attached- as they are both on one pdf) which where not really complete. Missing what power ratings for the resistors etc. , as well as no voltage requirements. I just saw that on the schematic you had, it needs a 14v supply for the board(s).
Any advice (or even a correct BOM) or other documentation that might be helpful would be appritiated.
Thanks.
It's been a while since I built this, but this is the last project BOM I had in Mouser from 2021. Hopefully it's still accurate.

I used somewhat more expensive parts just because I could, but you could likely build it with less exotic materials for a fair bit less.

Good luck!
~Chris

Attachments

• Jims_Audio_Aleph_P_v1-7_2021APR14.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 56