Aleph J illustrated build guide

Joined 2016
Paid Member
SUCCESS!! I’ve just completed my Aleph J monoblock build. It’s operating silent and sounds great this far on my test speakers. Thank you to all who contributed with their expertise. Please feel free to critique what I’ve done so I can grow going forward on perhaps this build our future builds. The only I know I should’ve done differently is used smaller VA transformers instead of the 400VA are in this amp. I will do that in the future because this thing weighs a ton.

Congratulations! :cheers:

Slowly taking shape

The first J Zen board is beginning to take shape. Goal was one channel a week, doing ten minutes here and 30 there. Posting a picture of the unfinished board, which soon will be ready for sink and MOSFETs after verifying all joints (i now see I need to reflow one of the gnd link pads), soldering in signal cables and cleaning it all.

Great boards, fun build so far.

PS: a lot more work remains with the rest of the amp. But slow progress is better than none.

Regards,
Andy

Attachments

• B3628255-BC8A-4294-A260-02F3FC1DCFB0.jpeg
    B3628255-BC8A-4294-A260-02F3FC1DCFB0.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 241
Joined 2017
Paid Member
The first J Zen board is beginning to take shape. Goal was one channel a week, doing ten minutes here and 30 there. Posting a picture of the unfinished board, which soon will be ready for sink and MOSFETs after verifying all joints (i now see I need to reflow one of the gnd link pads), soldering in signal cables and cleaning it all.

Great boards, fun build so far.

PS: a lot more work remains with the rest of the amp. But slow progress is better than none.

Regards,
Andy

Very nice Andy !!

Frank who? :rofl: Should have known the tower of power was a Sicilian idea :devily:

@peppenino: yes. Trannies vertically mounted as in previous post close to front plate. Then 4x47kuF, 4x10mH inductors, then 4x147kuF. Ground planes planned as big long alu plates from first to last cap, with triangular finish and then star or T ground from there. With ground loop breakers x 2 (bridges).

Damn, Mighty! You never told me there was a difference between 500R and 50kR pots! They look exactly the same! :rofl: