Aleph J illustrated build guide

PSX_20210914_203149.jpg

I found that M5 15mm double nut that seems perfect for the purpose (here with 25mm M4 screw)

PSX_20210914_203219.jpg

Let's start!

PSX_20210914_203243.jpg

PSX_20210914_203307.jpg

PSX_20210914_203326.jpg

Little sanding for levelling the MosFets

PSX_20210914_203351.jpg

Bending da legs...

PSX_20210914_203419.jpg

Trying with loose screws...

So, at this point, better to solder legs, solder wires from back and mounting it with gop and micas, washers and screws
OR
Solder legs, put gop & micas under mosfets, washers and tighten the screws, in order to solder wires from top as suggested somewhere by Jim?

:cheers:

I see that you're relatively new here, so I'll offer some advice:

DON'T DO IT!!!

You'll only end up LOVING this amp! You'll say it's the BEST amp you've ever heard! And that it's the last amp you'll even need! But then, a few months after it's done, you'll be curious about how "other" amps sound. So you'll build a second and then a third amp.

After a while, you'll be wondering if you are REALLY getting everything you can out of your sound system. You'll start looking at a bigger pair of speakers to build. Then, you'll just want another amp. Pretty soon, you'll have an amp and speakers in every room in the house. After a decade or two, you'll start running out of rooms in the house that "need" their own dedicated sound system. You'll just start tripping over amps and speakers after a little while.

Best not to give in to the initial temptations ;)

(Yes, you have everything that you need from the store - make the final click and get to it!)

... Don't forget converting the already built amps to dual mono, or bridging to mono and making two amps per system because ... why not?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
general remark:

bigger solder tip, temp cranked to max - that's proper way for soldering mosfet pins and power wires

fast and efficient, that's less stressful than endless gnawing with tiny tip and measly temp

edit: smaller size French wrench is handy to keep mosfet from rotating while torquing M3

mosfet pins - I'm cutting them rarely - handy to have them for measurements

WP_20171202_15_10_28_Pro-576x1024.jpg

Last edited: