Aleph J illustrated build guide

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I had some things I need to double check so deleted last post. It may be as you say, just close lid and enjoy.

Ok, double checked and the AC current through upper and lower source resistors, they are a perfect match on one side 0.333vrms (across 0.33R) while on the other channel it is 0.333vrms (upper) and 0.284vrms (lower) - close enough?

Anyhow, I think I am good with it now.

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Looking at this photo, what values are you using in J1, J2, R6, ? They should be jumpers like you have in R30.

651750d1513578214-aleph-illustrated-build-guide-aleph-build-02-spades-jpg

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The 'official' schematic doesn't have the 562R on the emitter, but that schematic has been lost in the server update. (I need to re-build this guide, but I'll do it after board revisions)

The original doesn't have 220R in the Jfet gates either. R1 and R3 will do all the work of gatestoppers.

In your wiring, do you have -IN connected to GND? I can't tell from your photos.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
-IN to GND --- good. :)

I'm not worried about the 220R either.

How much drop do you have over R8? Should be about 8v

I am measuring 5.54v across R8 on both channels. I guess this is a little on the low side and might cause higher distortion? I will adjust to get 8.0v.

Adjusting R8, the voltage across it maxes out 6.70v on one side and 6.80v on the other. Maybe that 560ohms needs to be replaced with a jumper?

Last edited: