Aleph J for Universal Mounting Spec

More is nearly always better.
Measure the output impedance/internal resistance of your battery,
How do you do that? Can I just put a DMM set to ohms across the +/- terminals? Or is there a more complicated way?
10uF film is good on the output
I always thought 'by-pass' caps were a couple orders of magnitude smaller than that - like 0.1uF or even smaller.

How do you do that? Can I just put a DMM set to ohms across the +/- terminals? Or is there a more complicated way?
I always thought 'by-pass' caps were a couple orders of magnitude smaller than that - like 0.1uF or even smaller.

None of it probably matters if it is a single ended power supply or +/- power supply on balanced amp operating in Class A.

You can just throw a few big caps on it and be done with it.
The point I was trying to make is if the noise level and output impedance is already good adding caps won't bring you any improvement.
You could just add at 10000uF electrolytic and a film cap anywhere between 1uF an 10uf some people go smaller and that's fine too. I usually prefer to sit on the side of overkill.

To measure internal resistance. Measure V across battery with 1 Meg resistor (or just measure V across terminals of battery) , then measure V again with a 20 Ohm resistor (doesn't have to be 20) rated appropriately (maybe 50W), you will see a voltage drop. I assume you are using two separate batterys to make your supply.
Noise might be impossible to measure accurately unless you have an oscilloscope. You could look at mV AC (not dc) you might see something not sure how trust worthy it would be cause you would need an expensive wide bandwidth multimeter.

Best measurement is always your ears, try with and without caps and judge for yourself.

Last edited:
Aleph J with IRFP250 M

Hallo Friends.

First Thank is going to Mr. Pass and second to 6L6 for all great illustration build.
I now also can enjoy the Aleph J and understand the different Aleph a bit more
better.
First i have pull out the F4 for refitting with better cooling.
The Fischer Heat Sink allows the J to work with 340mV not to hot day long.
JFet Input are in 10mA range. The IRFP250 M is the modern 5. generation
HexFet with a bit lower Cob- i don't know if it can better anything in sound,
but they work fine and are stronger 30A.
I use a 10k Pot to input also in ACA, Aleph M.
From first start after setup carefully bias point i was impressed by the fullbodied
tonality- somehow a bit like pentode with more Raffinesse.
The clearness and transparency is non fatigue your ears you can follow light the
fluide music presentation- don't know better to tell it.
I have only done two shoots from my build comparing to ACA with R15 mod.
The Amp is closed in Heart- i like, but must wait to colder winter evening now.

Thank you here to ALL have proportion that we can enjoy this Amp.
Now i am waiting for TeaBag M2 GB Boards- another Genius Stroke! :D

:cheers: Bangla.

Attachments

• PIC_0302.jpg
    PIC_0302.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 673
  • PIC_0320.jpg
    PIC_0320.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 656
  • PIC_0322.jpg
    PIC_0322.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 630
Agree Zen, I have ordered all relevant JFET”s at my US address...matched / sorted...for F5/F6/AJ/BA-3, but I in India for now, heading back March next year....man needs to survive on his DIY dose till then .. I just had grade A handy, but the parallel formula is working out for a single channel only...guess I will have to live listening from one ear till then [emoji23], so try to evaluate all opportunities until I am back in states