• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

@ Mr. Sonnya
Hello and hello all.

Just for information: i actually have ( six months) a complete jlsounds dac, with the same dac chip than yours. The jlsounds have a usefull display and setting pratical buttons.. The sounds is good but i read exceptional post about mirand's sound quality.
At now , for this, I'm very very interested about myrand, but for many reasons ( the first 10 are called "serious budget limits") i would make some experiment in the name of my stereo's quality improvement. Single, reasoned, little step.

So i'm asking you, please, if is possible to use your discrete output shield with my dac, and if this test is up my shoulders, if i could buy from you your discrete output stage. The reason i'm asking you is that i read about it but i cannot see in the shop of your site, but with your kind help, i would buy from you.
Txs
Riccardo

We got this plate Friday to ship with chassis and power supply LPS v2

It looks big, but there is plenty of space for it. And it removes hum issue in the attenuator

018dd07bfdf9c89ec94c43f9bda39697.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sonnya,

No response to PM :(
Can you tell me if I'm getting LPS source?
It's been a lot of time and no news ...

Regards.

Hi Vitalica.

I have a LPS V2.0 for shipping.

We are changing the procedure as i am terrible at handling the orders coming in. So Orders in the future will need to be send to :

order(at)mirand-audio.dk

Support:

support(at)mirand-audio.dk

Could you please send your address to the above email address and we will book a pickup for it right away.,,

My wife Miriam (Now work 75% for me) will handle the orders and plan them in an make realistic shipping times on them.

Regarding Darbost an pegasus21 please do the same.

Hello and sorry if that has already been answered.

What is the difference between the PCM and DSD output shield ? Is it just the value of the low pass filter which is higher for the PCM ?

Then if I listen both PCM and DSD (upsampled to 256x), should I get the DSD shield ?

Is it possible to have the discrete shield set for DSD ?

Finally, is there any plan to upgrade the chip to the AK4497 ?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi Sonny, I have sent you an email to the support box.
In the case someone could help me, I will repeat the question here:
I'm finishing my prototype. It works beautifully when connected to an Aurender Music server. On the other hand, it does not play with MacBooks as source. I've tried two of them, both running OS/X 10.10.5 and also two different USB cables.
The DAC is recognized by the notebooks, appears at the system preferences windows as "xCORE USB Audio 2.0" but I have no signal at the dac's analog output.

Ps: when pressing reset button on the back of the fronpanel's DAC, it appears: version: 0004; DAC:01.

I would appreciate if someone could indicate a possible solution.
Thanks
Noel.

The general info for the question above is:

To be able to stream out DoP128 from OS/X we have set an imaginary max PCM frequency of 705.6Ksamples.

But the PCM only supports an maximum of 384Ksamples.

You have to open the "midi" program interface and set the maximum frequency to 384Ksamples.

After that is should show up as PCM 384K on the display

BR

Sonny

Perfect, thank you Sonny. Now it's working.
One further question:
When playing PCM files of lower resolution, such as a red book 44.1k, with this MIDI setting left on the maximum accetable 384k, will it happen any re-sampling? Is it expected to happen any degradation or improvement on sound quality when compared with using this setting with the original sample rate of the file?
Best,
Noel