• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

No his front panel is designed for his products only. You don't need anything more than the DAC board and one of the output boards to use this DAC. The front panel is only for changing filters with the DAC. However this can also be changed by flashing the firmware in the XMOS chip. 90% of people prefer filter 3 anyways. Just use the filter 3 firmware and be done with it.

No his front panel is designed for his products only. You don't need anything more than the DAC board and one of the output boards to use this DAC. The front panel is only for changing filters with the DAC. However this can also be changed by flashing the firmware in the XMOS chip. 90% of people prefer filter 3 anyways. Just use the filter 3 firmware and be done with it.

Thanks. I know it is only for his product and I have his DAC with discrete o/p. Is there instructions on how to flash it via XMOS? I am only aware of 1 fw that is last released in Nov 15 and am not aware of other fw.

I have similar question about 1 months ago and so far no response from Sonny.

Quite frustrating actually. It seems to use this DAC to its full potential, we will need to buy the full package of pre-amp, front panel, chassis etc.

Several times i have wrote that you cannot control the Attenuator in the AK4490 from the frontpanel.

But you can update the filter settings from the frontpanel when you switch samplerate or switch between pcm and dsd.

What i can provide is a firmware for the display to control any type of volume control as long as it is a spi or i2c signal.

The AK4490 attenuator is of no use as dynamic range is reduced in low levels.

Also the XMOS implementation will halt playback if we try to mess with the i2c bus from the xmos chip.

BR

Sonny

For all users of the Chassis and LPS or SMPS, i have made a metal plate to be mounted below the preamp board.

The Preamp section (We think we have narrowed into the R2R dac for volume control) is sensitive to electric emission in particular H-field. This we can cure with this plate. All the other part of the circuit is identical to the DAC, and the DAC shows no signs of hum generated by H-field.

The plate arrives this week and is free for the one using the Chassis with the preamp.