• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!

Got a hold of TSE 2 board. Planning to get a 300B amp built, but parts wise struggling. Especially the IC* once... any lead on from where I can get a hold of the parts would be a great help.
Rgds
I ordered the mic29502 chips from https://www.futureelectronics.com/
The rest I got from mouser or on ebay. I found everything but one ic in the states.
hope this helps
Steve

I thought other than the MIC29502, the rest should be ok. What else are you finding hard to get ?
After several PM's it was discovered that his board is an original TSE. The sharp regulator has been extinct for several years, and TSE builders or hoarders used up most of the remaining stock. The 10M45S chips are on the forever backlog list now too along with the MIC29502. Amazon shows stock in the 29502, I have never tried them to see if they are real.

Yup! I decided to build it, I've sent an email to George, hopefully the address from the website is still active. I can't PM here.
I plan to go with the EP transformers, maybe try some heaters mods later to learn more.
Let's see, You are looking to buy OPT's from the USA, and I just got some OPT's from Poland. The EP transformers are good, but so are Toroidys which are far less money than the EP's even with shipping. I got mine from TME.

After several PM's it was discovered that his board is an original TSE. The sharp regulator has been extinct for several years, and TSE builders or hoarders used up most of the remaining stock. The 10M45S chips are on the forever backlog list now too along with the MIC29502. Amazon shows stock in the 29502, I have never tried them to see if they are real.

Let's see, You are looking to buy OPT's from the USA, and I just got some OPT's from Poland. The EP transformers are good, but so are Toroidys which are far less money than the EP's even with shipping. I got mine from TME.
Oh shucks, didn't realize it was a TSE-1. I have a spare. PM me and we can work something out.

It appears that there are a few potential board builders on this page. It is Ashwin004 that has an original TSE board. It is not clear where in the world he is located. I may have a spare Sharp regulator in a box of stuff somewhere and I probably have a dead board or three laying around that has a good chip on it, as they never go bad. I never saw one blow in 15 years unless the dumm blonde screwed up and hit it with way too much voltage. I'm looking at possible alternatives for the 10M45S, and as I stated before Amazon lists some Microchip MIC29502's.

I rarely keep more than a few chips on hand for my experiments, since the chip of the day changes often these days. I had several 10M45S chips, but at least one poster here knows where some of them went.