Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

I tried it in the same WG as the T25A above. This kind of tweeter would need a different approach...

View attachment 1175066 View attachment 1175068
Agreed, top octave very similar behaviour to what I've seen in my various simulations and actual measurements in one of augerpro's waveguides.

I've been working on a theoretical mitigation! Here's some sims concentrating on the top octaves. I took inspiration and formulas from your WSP implementation, it's great. Here I think we should have a reasonably well-known wavefront.

I may be able to print this, but it's definitely not the kind of printing I have enjoyed in the past. Loading is very high, I hope it wouldn't cause nonlinear behaviour in the diaphragm.

Interestingly, playing with the throat dimensions result in the same kind of trade-offs as I've seen in my past playing with Hornresp and horn subwoofer alignments. Wavelengths are just a little different.

1684401283417.png
1684401319196.png

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed, the results from purifi's dome tweeter and your Beyma simulations are surprisingly high dispersion in the top octave. And more radiating surface area as well.

Oh well, now I wonder how rough the real-world response from a small fullrange + custom WSP would be.
It was Bliesma, not Beyma, and you probably meant the ESP (External Shaping Plug).

Generally speaking, the bigger the source the higher the chance it won't produce a coherent wavefront, which limits the highest usable frequency. Then it's all just random... I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited:
The flat baffle (top row) vs the WG (bottom row), pressure response at 8k, 12k, 16k, 20k:

flush-8k.PNG
flush-12k.PNG
flush-16k.PNG
flush-20k.PNG

wg-8k.PNG
wg-12k.PNG
wg-16k.PNG
wg-20k.PNG

(Only now I see that the enclosures don't have the same width... I should have checked that better.)

Code:
ABEC.AxialField:1 = {
  Inclination = 0          ; [deg]
  Radius = 0.3              ; [m]
  z0 = -0.22                  ; [m]
  z1 = 0.3                 ; [m]
  Resolution = 10,10,20,20  ; [mm]
}

Last edited: