Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

A9 with JMLC-600 roll-back.

Attachments

• A9_jmlc.jpg
    A9_jmlc.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 635
May I be so blunt to ask if there are some designs available which have been designed with this software?

I have no knowledge of maths and/or designing WG's. I'm just a simple guy which wants to makes his first speaker. I'm looking for a WG for a 1"dome that can be crossed to a 6"woofer at 1,6-2khz.

I understand this comment is pretty ignorant by dismissing all the shared knowledge and aiming for the chery directly.

Dr. Keele was kind enough provide his elliptical waveguide 90x80. ...
You see, after slight altering of some of the parameters, the two would almost match. The "only" thing different would be the throat.

... I'm looking for a WG for a 1"dome that can be crossed to a 6"woofer at 1,6-2khz.
The tool is out there... That's all I can say, I don't do any "designs available". I wonder myself why there are not many more designs to see already. Maybe there are, but people just don't want to show or share them, I don't know.

May I be so blunt to ask if there are some designs available which have been designed with this software?

I have no knowledge of maths and/or designing WG's. I'm just a simple guy which wants to makes his first speaker. I'm looking for a WG for a 1"dome that can be crossed to a 6"woofer at 1,6-2khz.

I understand this comment is pretty ignorant by dismissing all the shared knowledge and aiming for the chery directly.

yHxgMFZ.jpg

My "Metlako" speakers, version one and two, were made with this software.

Link is here : Metlako: A Small, Affordable Two-Way Unity Waveguide

In the pic above, the big wood speaker is Bill Waslo's "CoSyne" speaker, the black speaker on the left is Metlako V2, the orange on the right is Metlako V1, and the one in the center is my "unitized image control waveguide"

The tool is out there... That's all I can say, I don't do any "designs available". I wonder myself why there are not many more designs to see already. Maybe there are, but people just don't want to show or share them, I don't know.

Just one guy's experience, it is a huge help, and there are also still steps along the way that are out of your hands.

- I ran into some difficulties following Patrick Bateman's advice on using Meshmixer to translate the surface generated by ATH4 into a solid.

- Worked past that, then ran into issues with my 3D printer jamming now that it's been upgraded to use a fat nozzle. More debug and testing to do on that (slow - can take many hours into a print before it happens).
- Also running into uncertainties about concrete design parameters - how thick to make it, how best to chop up a 15 inch horn for a Geddes-like design into multiple pieces to enable printing.

I wonder if these are similar to issues other people are running into. Not complaining, this is cool stuff and further than I would have gotten into it. Just sharing that there are still challenges.