A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)

I don't know. They don't have a name. Bought the boards from a fellow diyaudio.com member from England.
PXL_20240118_212511734-EDIT.jpg

Perhaps Nichicon?

1705614030945.png

Last edited:
What is the consensus on getting something like a fifopiq7 for the redboard based dddac? I have bought a 2nd hand red motherboard with 4 daughter boards stacked.

Initially I thought I would use use my hifiberry digi + pro (1.2) i2s output to dddac. Since getting the iancanada (for my main blue board) reclocker I'm thinking about again using one of his products.

But I know there is something about the readboard with a delay or lack of delay or lack of buffer....

Long story short. Is it worth getting a fifopi to drive the redboard?

What is the consensus on getting something like a fifopiq7 for the redboard based dddac?
I honestly wouldn't bother too much with the red board. I had a lot of issues with getting mine to work with I2S. With the newer blue board things just worked, and I also think the sound was better (due to the cleaner processing of the digital signal). I'd try to replace the red board with a blue one.

Reactions: 1 user
Bas, if you use this, do not forget to change the 1k resistor at the DATA line on the DAC modules to a 100 Ohm.
this will prevent that you will have two times 1/2 delay 😬

by the way, does your red board still the LF33 on board or already the LF50? It was changed later on to LF50 to avoid issues with 4 boards stacks, which were not stable when using 3.3 volt

Sure you are welcome Kartick
Hi @dddac. A quick check, with my recently shipped 15v supply parts, audiocreative sent me 2 pieces of 10,000uf caps where 4,700uf was marked on the pcb. Does this already take care of the cap upgrade tweak you talk of in your psu upgrade/tweaks blog post? Or should i still increase the value of the cap to 20000uf on the board to get a better sound? Here are few pictures of the populated section of the psu.

Attachments

• IMG_8893.jpeg
    IMG_8893.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8894.jpeg
    IMG_8894.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 55