6th order bandpass design for dual 6.5"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oliver, can you check a sim please? (post #24) 4 of these drivers in a 2.5 cf box with a 10PR looks great, and no weight added to the PR.

PR Specifications:

• Fs: 20 Hz
• Vas: 3.88 cu. ft.
• Qms: 2.50
• Cms: .67 mm/N
• Mms: 100 g
• Rms: 4.89 kg/s
• Sd: 340 sq. cm.
• Xmax: 10 mm
• Dimensions: Overall diameter: 10-5/8", Cutout diameter: 9", Depth: 2-3/4".

Hi permo,

I wouldn't call those curves in Post #40 similar? Anyway, I agree that while the TH outperforms the T-TQWT by a wide margin for a given number of enclosures, by SPL/ft^3 the T-TQWT is way ahead.

Regards,

Hi ODougbo,

As a caveat, I'm not the one to ask to check WinISD simultions. I'm just trying to get comfortable with the program. Anyway, I'll attach what I came up with, and I tried to get all the entered parameters in the picture so you can compare yours and mine (I'm doing all this on the fly, and mistakes do sneak in.)

As to posting pictures: I grab whatever I need with Gandwin PrintScreen (free), arrange the individual pictures in Picture Publisher (an "ancient" copy), and post as a jpg.

Regards,

Attachments

• 299_114_Isobaric_PR_ODougbo_small.jpg
    299_114_Isobaric_PR_ODougbo_small.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 190
Thanks for looking at that; yes there was a small error, the VAS for the PR is 3.88cf not 3.88 liters.

I should have shown the parameters also.

Gandwin PrintScreen.........hmmmm

btw....I forgot to say Iso Box, so glad you picked up on that.

Hi ODougbo,

As a caveat, I'm not the one to ask to check WinISD simultions. I'm just trying to get comfortable with the program. Anyway, I'll attach what I came up with, and I tried to get all the entered parameters in the picture so you can compare yours and mine (I'm doing all this on the fly, and mistakes do sneak in.)

As to posting pictures: I grab whatever I need with Gandwin PrintScreen (free), arrange the individual pictures in Picture Publisher (an "ancient" copy), and post as a jpg.

Regards,

Last edited:
Hi ODougbo,

That litres to ft^3 think sure makes a difference. :) That looks a lot better, even 2 ft^3 for the box volume would be fine. Bye the way, a single driver in the same box w/ the same PR has about 3dB more output (?). Also, when I change the Sd in the PR window it does not seem to influence the simulation (bug?).

Regards,

Attachments

• 299_114_Isobaric_PR_ODougbo_small.jpg
    299_114_Isobaric_PR_ODougbo_small.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
ok doug I used the 10" PR

the pink graph is the 4 driver iso

the yellow is 2 drivers normal.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 176
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 181
I think Dougbo and myself are both looking to push the envelope with new designs for this driver. Personally, I think if size is not an issue the true tapped horn is the winner...it usually is. The quarter wavelength pipe is a great compromise.......if I didn't think so I wouldn't have built one!

I have no idea how to design one, but what about 8th order (three chambers or more) bandpass? I would love to see how a design like this compares to the others.....

Attachments

• 8thOrder.jpg
    8thOrder.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hi permo,

On you go to AkAbak. :)

Regards,

I can't even understand hornresponse! I will take a look tho.

I will admit, I am really good at winisd! I wish they had 8th order as an option.

I really like the TQWT design for two of these but its a little tall for my installation. I need narrow, short and long. I wonder if the build could be modified to be 40-50 inches long and reduce the number of ducts/folds?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.