6th order bandpass design for dual 6.5"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oliver is quick and neat with the program he's using.

The weakest area is in the top of the "V"; I would guess.

Also, I'm pretty sure the "top" (sitting as shown) will vibrate; speaking from the previous builds.

Attachments

• NEOREVOLIV1.JPG
    NEOREVOLIV1.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 247
Oliver is quick and neat with the program he's using.

Agree, He adds very valuable drawings to e.g. my lousy drawing attempts as I'm only using the simple 'Paint' program.

..The weakest area is in the top of the "V"; I would guess..Also, I'm pretty sure the "top" (sitting as shown) will vibrate; speaking from the previous builds..

Agree with that too: If a cross-area x section length exceeds 10 x 10x 10 inch^3 I usually add at least a dowel or crossed dowels to increase the enclosure stiffness.

b:)

PS: Your picture manipulated again in 'Paint' but I think you get the message..

Attachments

• NEOREVOLIV1--x.JPG
    NEOREVOLIV1--x.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 239
  • LF3015_T-TQWT_Studio.JPG
    LF3015_T-TQWT_Studio.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Hi ODougbo,

When using dowel pins I often used little cutout circles to increase the glue area; attach the circle with glue and a center screw to the dowel, and glue the larger circle to the box. That increases the supported area, and makes a big difference in the knuckle test.

Regards,

Attachments

• Image04_small.jpg
    Image04_small.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 200
Hi ODougbo,

When using dowel pins I often used little cutout circles to increase the glue area; attach the circle with glue and a center screw to the dowel, and glue the larger circle to the box. That increases the supported area, and makes a big difference in the knuckle test.

Regards,

It also makes a great easy way to add dowels for stiffening after the box is built - just make a hole in the mounting circle so it can slide up and down the dowel. Then once it's in place, glue it to both the dowel and the inside of the panel that you're mounting it against..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.