6FE200 + ST200

Thank you. I had forgotten about that thread. I even posted there! :eek:

Not much info about how the 8FE200 sounds vs other midranges. I take from the above posts the 6FE200 sounds very detailed and undistorted compared to other very good midranges, be them pro or "specialty" hi-end. Those are the traits I'm looking for, plus hi-sensitivity, for 350-2000Hz. They seem to be very good candidates to pair in MTM with a TPL-150H.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I just came from Buenos Aires. Well, i only spent two and a half day there, primary destination Patagonia.
Well, i was thinking about paring 6fe200 with beyma...well, the price. I am building speakers for fun, and frankly run out of rooms, have too many speakers already...since i had prior great experience with Hivi planars, that's what i am using.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Thank you. I had forgotten about that thread. I even posted there! :eek:

Not much info about how the 8FE200 sounds vs other midranges. I take from the above posts the 6FE200 sounds very detailed and undistorted compared to other very good midranges, be them pro or "specialty" hi-end. Those are the traits I'm looking for, plus hi-sensitivity, for 350-2000Hz. They seem to be very good candidates to pair in MTM with a TPL-150H.

Only depends on how much you are willing to spend !

FaitalPRO | LF Loudspeakers | 8PR155

I just came from Buenos Aires. Well, i only spent two and a half day there, primary destination Patagonia.
Well, i was thinking about paring 6fe200 with beyma...well, the price. I am building speakers for fun, and frankly run out of rooms, have too many speakers already...since i had prior great experience with Hivi planars, that's what i am using.

Interesting! Fly fishing perhaps? ;)

I'll be heading for the Patagonia Andes in two weeks like I've been doing for the last 8 years. Can't wait! Hope you had a good time.

Once back from Patagonia I plan to try MTM with Faitals I have around (M5N12) and see how it behaves lobing-wise. Going MTWW with 8" midrange is an option, or MTMWW with these 6". Need to try out and decide.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Interesting! any detail?

no, not really, its right now sitting on top of 15" closed box woofer, active B1 crossover at ~160Hz (used to be minidsp), biamp with chip amps, no passive parts except one cap for tweeter, nothing for mid! May put L-pad on tweeter, but it sounds great right now.
So all in all, one cap...!

Joined 2004
Paid Member

Attachments

• qwe1.jpg
    qwe1.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 450