50w Single-Ended BAF2015 Schade Enabled

Joined 2000
Paid Member
How long can the leads be from the board to the mosfets?

For example, I will be using mono-blocks with 12" spacing between heat sinks.
From 6 inch center, if using a 4" PCB board on center, leaves approximately 4" distance to the power mosfets. The rule I remember was to keep the leads under 3 inches.

What's the best way to avoid issues and oscillation?

Thanks,

Vince

Last edited:
Digikey package arrived.
Still haven't purchased power supply caps but I now have everything I need to build a working prototype. I'll just use a lab power supply to start with.
Hopefully have something complete that plays music within 7 to 10 days.
I won't be able to make a start on it for a week.

Probably going to build it like this first up, just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Hockey%20Puck.png

Digikey package arrived.
Still haven't purchased power supply caps but I now have everything I need to build a working prototype. I'll just use a lab power supply to start with.

Great Pico !
Please write us your feel & description about music with Schade50
Have a nice day :D

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Digikey package arrived.

Looking forward to your impressions on sound. :D

Couple of notes.
1) With my batch of parts (10 pieces) I am getting values of Vgs between 4.85V and 4.95V for 3.2A (not 4.7V). Room temperature was at 15 C (Winter here), at higher room temperatures Vgs is likely to drop a little bit ( maybe 0.04V as a rough estimate).
Vgs adjustment between 4.65V and 5V would likely cover it for variations in parts coming off the manufacturing line.

2) For Id vs Vgs, I am getting similar values with IRFP250 (steeper than IRFP240 though) which isn't as dramatic as originally thought.
;)

Last edited: