4 in 8 out DSP using ADAU1652

Hey CyberPit-San
Why do you have MP10 and MP11 as Output??
The Slave channel is set to determine which input it will be named as in the input selector ... right?

And for the ADCs, I would have thought that no matter how you configure the DSP, if it gets the right clock signals then it would just free flow output data !?!? .... but the data line is dead

Wondering if I have connected the PCM1802s wrongly?

I assumed to run them in Slave mode.
Therefore MD0, MD1, FMT0, FMT1 set to GND

Reading page 21 in the data sheet I understood FSYNC should just be tied to High .... not so sure now ....

Attachments

• ADC.JPG
    ADC.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 40
Giving PCM1802 5V on the analog psu made the difference, and now it is outputting data.
Damn, why didn't I realize this in the design phase :eek:o_O:cry:

Solved by lowering the output voltage of the TSP5430 to 5V and using this. Not optimal for noise, but at least it now works.
Funny thing is of course that I had chosen the output of the SMPS to 8V in order to use a following 5V LDO!!!!

... begining to look like a version 2 of the pcb ......

Ahhhhggggg o_O:eek:.... Not sure what I have been thinking, but even stating here I am using a 25LC512-I/SN EEPROM, I was still thinking about a 1Mbit size!!! .... corrected the settings for a 512kbit, 128 byte page size with 2 address bits, and it all works.

The thing about signals on the bus not being visible, was due to it's burst nature, and the scope not being set well enough, so didn´t see it

But now it boots as is should (y):giggle::cheers:

Reactions: 2 users
Is there "more finalized" version of this than the one in post #107? :) I've been looking for a good cheap analog DSP for a while but managed to ignore your creation for some reason... would love to order some of these from JLCPCB or similar! Is the PCB still 100x80mm? Have you by any chance measured the performance?

Hi Baldin,
You have made some nice progress, congrats.
I would also be very keen to see some measurements. On the Octavia board we saw some higher harmonics on the dac output and it would be very interesting to see if you measure the same since you are using the same DAC, if I am not mistaken.

BR
Ludwig