3 Transistor HP Amplifier with low dist

Here we go.
The result is quite alright. Distortion is only 0.002%. This is a very clean sound.

LM7815 is good enough and easier to use than LM317.
Transformer should be a small 15VAC. Because the circuit does not draw much current.

Adjustment is to set the output of BD139 at 9.00 Volt. As seen in the schematic.
All resistors are 0.6Watt. This is because of the fairy low current in output.

I will be waiting for some pictures of your amplifier when is done.

Attachments

• 3T_HPA_Version-11_300ohm-15V.jpg
    3T_HPA_Version-11_300ohm-15V.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 439
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
The 7815 source will over impose it's mediocre sonic signature and noise over the class A amp and all will be for nothing with dynamic signal.
That 1 uF capacitor on it's output will not help a lot with dynamic program like music. But sure, will measure perfectly with a static amplitude sin wave.

A plain rectification stage, plus heavy filtration, would be cleaner IMHO.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Here we go.
The result is quite alright. Distortion is only 0.002%. This is a very clean sound.

LM7815 is good enough and easier to use than LM317.
Transformer should be a small 15VAC. Because the circuit does not draw much current.

Adjustment is to set the output of BD139 at 9.00 Volt. As seen in the schematic.
All resistors are 0.6Watt. This is because of the fairy low current in output.

I will be waiting for some pictures of your amplifier when is done.
Thank you.

Soooo mine is up and running too.... But havin a hum, coming from the Salas L-Adapter..... Think it´s my fault, since the L adapter is controlled via a ardiuno, whose PSU is a Meanwell IRM-10-5, sitting next to the toroid.....

The sound is fantastic :D

Ok was not the PSU.... Was the onboard sound card... Since I use the Sharkoon Gaming Dac Pro it is dead silent....