10F/8424 & RS225-8 FAST / WAW Ref Monitor

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
What about between the two 10F’s. The 14 and 24 variants? Is there a large difference between the two besides size dimensions?
Same size, the 8414 is just as good I think. The 8424 has a more powerful motor that may come into play for some horn or vented alignments but for sealed use it’s really the same.

Reactions: 1 user
Well nas3000, I live in Norway and I'm 100% certain that there are import fres from the EU to Norway. Why you would try to claim other wise is beyond me.
If soundimports or any other supplier had registrered in the VOEC register i could have made purchase up to 3000 NOK, inc shipping, without import taxes. But since they are not registrered i have to pay vat through the shipping handler and they normally charge around $50-80 as a fee.

But as I linked in my post we are discussing the 8414 vs B80 since those are available through soundimports.eu. The original build calls for the 8424. I even linked to the B80 through the same supplier aswell.

Well nas3000, I live in Norway and I'm 100% certain that there are import fres from the EU to Norway. Why you would try to claim other wise is beyond me.
If soundimports or any other supplier had registrered in the VOEC register i could have made purchase up to 3000 NOK, inc shipping, without import taxes. But since they are not registrered i have to pay vat through the shipping handler and they normally charge around $50-80 as a fee.

But as I linked in my post we are discussing the 8414 vs B80 since those are available through soundimports.eu. The original build calls for the 8424. I even linked to the B80 through the same supplier aswell.

I really sorry to hear about the import and administration fees - somehow thought that Norway and EU has common trade zone. My wrong!
Probably as the other solutions could be to ask seller to sell without local EU VAT or get the goods on the next physical trip to EU.

To stay on topic: ps95, RS100 are another candidates, if you can get them. PS95 I like a lot, RS100 is too much metallic for me.

Yes I think you are right to worry about taxes and/or other possible fees.

A friend of mine before ordered from SoundImports going to UK (via DPD courier), but the package was held at UK customs (or their port) because of hefty import fees/VAT, which was actually pretty expensive and you have to pay first.

Good thing you could reject it, and so the package was just brought back to SoundImports (took around 1-2 months to get back though).

So you need to do some research via your local government's policies/fees to make sure if it is worth it importing the things that you need.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
If anyone is looking for a pair of 10F/RS225 TLs fully built and ready to use, I have a lead from a friend willing to sell them at cost. He has too many speakers and needs room in his home. PM me.

1657483393975-jpeg.1071044