my ax14

[special=
19a77477d983b4ddaf2b6abd196351a8o.jpg

72bb851b3de02395c134c7b0c005e995o.jpg

fba157a5781462b6fa7e503509860a9bo.jpg

73a421fefeb3e483ae2bf15ed31efc7eo.jpg
]%[/special]

a40

for the bias in the 2sc it is - + 30mv with a cc 10mv, however in the 2sa1943 it does not exceed the average 10mv I was testing it and it sounded good but there came a time when the heat sink was overheating too much
What is the problem that I cannot regulate even both power transistors. any recommendation thank you very much
sorry for my english just google translator

Last edited:
as suggested previously here by member, check RMS voltage at output when both channels are supplied with 0.5-1VRMS input at 1kHz.

if they are different, then start checking all resistor values , especially NFB resistors, emitter resistors, and others.

hiss when no input is connected , means amp is picking up some RF OR it could also be oscillating.
for oscillation, check zobel resistor for heating up.

there is definitely something wrong with components/wiring/surroundings/ grounding on PSU.

Have you by any chance connected the input ground to chassis earth?

also do you have volume control?, I do not believe in any volume control except for high quality stepped volume control.
if its ordinary 16mm pot, has its body been grounded?
also is every wire is twisted properly and no high current / AC wires near input section and signal wiring?

hi prasi..can i use in the apex ax17 replase c4793/a1837 with tip41c/top42c?

Hi i am new to this discussion...one of my friend has mentioned about FH9HV Amp and very impressed about it... How does Apex AX14 sound .. specially when it is compared against FH9HV

Those who have listened to both.. please come forward and give some valuable input regarding which among the two should i choose..I listen to slow lovesongs, country, smooth Jazz and instrumentals
I have a plan to pair it up with a Pass B1 buffer with korg nutube.. My speakers are Markaudio Alpair 10p Pensil full range speakers
So please help me by sharing your listening experience and valuable opinion ...which amplifier among the two i should choose
Thanks in Advance
Ujjwal

Hi i am new to this discussion...one of my friend has mentioned about FH9HV Amp and very impressed about it... How does Apex AX14 sound .. specially when it is compared against FH9HV

Those who have listened to both.. please come forward and give some valuable input regarding which among the two should i choose..I listen to slow lovesongs, country, smooth Jazz and instrumentals
I have a plan to pair it up with a Pass B1 buffer with korg nutube.. My speakers are Markaudio Alpair 10p Pensil full range speakers
So please help me by sharing your listening experience and valuable opinion ...which amplifier among the two i should choose
Thanks in Advance
Ujjwal

I did not build the FH9HV but is basically the same amp as the FX8 which is a very nice small amp. However, I think the AX14 is a better all around amp and sounds very, very nice. I suppose if you prefer to work with Mosfets you may want to go with the FH9 or the FX8. Both use fewer devices.

I did not build the FH9HV but is basically the same amp as the FX8 which is a very nice small amp. However, I think the AX14 is a better all around amp and sounds very, very nice. I suppose if you prefer to work with Mosfets you may want to go with the FH9 or the FX8. Both use fewer devices.
Thanks a lot for your response.... really appreciate it