100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Attachments

• APEX TB3.JPG
    APEX TB3.JPG
    389.3 KB · Views: 2,084
Hi.
this is a stereo apex ax-14P that I've made recently.
It has very clear sound.
I've made very amp heretofore, but this one is one of the greatest amp that I've ever made.
but when amp clipping occurs, the relay goes to Continuous off/on that destroys the sound.

Best Regards.

Nice work, what is rail voltage and what is voltage on relay coil?
Regards

Nice work, what is rail voltage and what is voltage on relay coil?
Regards

Hi.
PCB was Ok.
the cause of the problem was transformer voltage drop. I fixed it by replacing transformer with another one. Now everything is Ok.
I connected a 5-Band equalizer with M5226p (Mitsubishi) to Ax-14 and the sound quality is very nice.
the sound has clear treble and tight bass.
actually Ax-14 is better than many commercial audio systems.
regards.

Last edited:
Hi Mile,

I am building and amp and Preamp for my son. The pre will be the P30 and the amp witll be either the A33 or the A40. I would like to include the APEX logo on the front if that is OK with you. This is a gift to my son and will not be sold. I just want to give you the glory for your design. Please let me know if this is OK with you.

Thanks, Terry

Attachments

• P30 label.JPG
    P30 label.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 1,718
Hi Mile,

I am building and amp and Preamp for my son. The pre will be the P30 and the amp witll be either the A33 or the A40. I would like to include the APEX logo on the front if that is OK with you. This is a gift to my son and will not be sold. I just want to give you the glory for your design. Please let me know if this is OK with you.

Thanks, Terry

It is OK, no need to ask.
Regards

Hi Mile,

I am building and amp and Preamp for my son..... I just want to give you the glory for your design....

Thanks, Terry
That's a nice gesture Terry... I hope I can do that too for my daughter (when she gets old enough!). Do share the pics and description of the build and its 'your expert' review. I might try it...
reg
Prasi

Last edited:
Hi Mile,

A question for you. As you know I have built most of the amps in this thread. As I mentioned I am putting together a new chassis for my son. I have both the A33 and the A40. The PSU I am planning to use it +-62VDC. Which of those two amps do you suggest? Another choice would be the FX100 with 3 pair of outputs. I want to give him the best APEX amp I can.

Thanks, Terry

Hi Mile,

A question for you. As you know I have built most of the amps in this thread. As I mentioned I am putting together a new chassis for my son. I have both the A33 and the A40. The PSU I am planning to use it +-62VDC. Which of those two amps do you suggest? Another choice would be the FX100 with 3 pair of outputs. I want to give him the best APEX amp I can.

Thanks, Terry

My vote is to A40.

Sajti

Hi Mile,

Thanks, Terry

A40 and P30 is the best APEX.
Regards

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I have a few circuit diagrams but none showing soft start while incorporating high frequency line filtering of the high frequency generated by the bridge retifier etc. I really appreciate a working scamatic so I can put one together and start building some audio amplfiers.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

With 70 actives between them they should be the BEST. I should build the A40 someday.
I can confirm ....... Have built A40 already :) ,very nice and powerful .
Best regards,Alex

Attachments

• IMG_6139-001.JPG
    IMG_6139-001.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 1,671
  • IMG_6141-001.JPG
    IMG_6141-001.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 1,588
  • IMG_6145-001.JPG
    IMG_6145-001.JPG
    280 KB · Views: 1,504
  • IMG_20161023_192108.jpg