100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

That is so cool Mile, now for the complete set MC28 :)

You can add MC4 on MM28 input and get MC preamp, P30 is line level CFA preamp, MM28 is CFA phono MM RIAA preamp.

Attachments

• APEX MC4.JPG
    APEX MC4.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,486
Isn't that about the same time it takes to etch a board :)

Yes, but then I get to spend the rest of the day populating and testing. :D

Hi Mile,

Is the reason you suggested MM28 when I showed P30 is just another choice or do you think the MM28 is superior?

MM28 is only phono preamp and must be connect to P30 input.
Regards

Attachments

• CFA Preamp Block Diagram.JPG
    CFA Preamp Block Diagram.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,372
Just finished ...after few my mistakes is running.... Offset is OK, but bias still no OK. When I set bias 50mA, after On/Off procedure is 100 mA and slowly decreasing back to 50mA...maybe some temperature compensation, or something totally different :) I have to check it tomorrow..

My A40 does this. It scared me at first and I dialed down the bias but then I noticed that after a few minutes the bias would be too low. So I just waited for the amp to settle and set the bias back up. It now starts up at over 100mA at start up but drops down to around 50mA. I just assumed it is in front end or VAS. I have felt all the devices and none of the run hot and 100mA won't hurt anything. Maybe others will comment on this.

Blessings, Terry

My A40 does this. It scared me at first and I dialed down the bias but then I noticed that after a few minutes the bias would be too low. So I just waited for the amp to settle and set the bias back up. It now starts up at over 100mA at start up but drops down to around 50mA. I just assumed it is in front end or VAS. I have felt all the devices and none of the run hot and 100mA won't hurt anything. Maybe others will comment on this.

Blessings, Terry

It is OK for bias servo in A14 and A40 with diamod OS.
Regards