100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

My first Apex AX20 channel was tested with transformer from a burnt Inter-M L2400 amplifier, as you can see in the picture, this transformer is good to feed the Apex H900. But for my AX 20 stereo amplifier I gona use 1000 VA. About PCB layout, no problem, here is for those wants do de some amplifier. You should star doing the protection first and teste it, than the amplifier, try to avoid component mistakes and dont forget de diferent grounds (in ground and normal ground). And we should say thanks to Miles Boss :)

Regards

Attachments

• SAM_0814.JPG
    SAM_0814.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 1,910
  • Apex AX 20 components.pdf
    256.5 KB · Views: 786
  • Apex AX 20 copper side.pdf
    208.2 KB · Views: 626
  • NE555 Protect 1.JPG
    NE555 Protect 1.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,811
My first Apex AX20 channel was tested with transformer from a burnt Inter-M L2400 amplifier, as you can see in the picture, this transformer is good to feed the Apex H900. But for my AX 20 stereo amplifier I gona use 1000 VA. About PCB layout, no problem, here is for those wants do de some amplifier. You should star doing the protection first and teste it, than the amplifier, try to avoid component mistakes and dont forget de diferent grounds (in ground and normal ground). And we should say thanks to Miles Boss :)

Regards

Thank you for pdf files,
Regards

AX17

I have simulated the AX17 schematic in LTSpice, but I obtain poor THD results, 0.18% at 10khz 1V input.
What can be done to increase the performance of this schematic?
Have somebody measured real THD after building this amplifier? what were the results?
See attached files.
Thanks

Attachments

• Cordell-Models.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 192
  • apex ax17 v3 mod.asc
    11.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 1,727
post your asc file. Some sim expert/s can look at how you implemented the THD question.

It is posted there, look more carefully.

Here is a new one, with minor changes that lead to 20x less THD, and has -91deg in LoopGain, so it should be perfectly stable (-91 + 180 = 89deg).
Is it correct and better than the original one?

Attachments

• apex ax17 v3 mod.asc
    12.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
A few more images: schematic, thd, loopgain.
THD is strongly dependent on the chosen VAS transistors, these
2SA1381/2SC3503 with aprox 5mA collector current obtain the best results in simulator.

I have also prepaired a PCB layout for this AX17 schematic with two pairs of output transistors.

Attachments

• sch v3mod.png
    sch v3mod.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,605
  • sch v3 mod.png
    sch v3 mod.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 1,525
  • loopgain v3mod.png
    loopgain v3mod.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 1,400
  • apex ax17 v3 mod.asc
    12.7 KB · Views: 161
A few more images: schematic, thd, loopgain.
THD is strongly dependent on the chosen VAS transistors, these
2SA1381/2SC3503 with aprox 5mA collector current obtain the best results in simulator.

I have also prepaired a PCB layout for this AX17 schematic with two pairs of output transistors.

There is many better VAS transistors than MJE340/350 but MJEs are easy available. Would you share your pcb?

AX17

Here is the PCB for this AX17 schematic with two pairs of output transistors.
It is an extended version of the one firstly designed by AlexMM.

A double check across the schematic should be performed. Note that the components' numbers on my LTSpice schematic do not match the original numbering, please check considering their values only.

I will provide bottom copper layer pdf file in Private Message for those interested in building it.

Any suggestions for improving the PCB and/or schematic are welcome.

Regards

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af241/vlasin_alin/apexAX17_v3_zpsffe74902.png~original

Last edited: