• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote control kits

ssmith said:
Hi,
I'm interested in the kits, but trying to figure out what bits I would need for the following:

- Relay attenuator (unbalanced) controlled by a remote, not a knob -- though if possible to have both at same time that would be nice.
- A little LCD display.
- Only one input (I plan to insert the attenuator to the output stage of a DAC (1.6vrms output / 90ohms output impedance).

This, I guess, would mean:

1. RelVol1 - Relay attenuator board without resistors
2. RelVol1RM - RelVol1/3 MRS25 1% resistor kit
3. VolControl3 - Attenuator control board for LCD display
4. 5vdc PSU
5. IRDet2 - IR detector module
6. HD44780-compatible LCD display

...or have I got it all wrong????

No, that looks OK. Note that you may not need the IRDet2 board. You can normally just use the detector on the VolControl3 board.

PS. Final question -- are relays superior to the PGA2310????

To my ears yes. The PGA sounds "nice", but the relay attenuators sound of less (= more transparant).

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

a333bt said:
Did you check Control 1 PCB, yet?

Yes, I have checked it - sorry about not getting back to you sooner. The board works perfectly when I test it, so I don't know what the problem is.

MPX stereo decoder works fine. I tried put LM4562 but OPA275 works better here.

The op-amps have to work quite hard because of the low impedance load - not all op-amps like that :)

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Well, I've changed my mind about what I am planning on ordering.

Double check for me that this will all work fine please:

Input1
ChipVol1
Control 2 and C2 panel 1-2
TR8/15 transformer
An LCD and remote

A few questions:

Will this come with the necessary cables to connect each board together?

If I look at the pictures for the control boards the type 2 board says that it "consists of a small IR receiver board (same as IRDet2), two Alps rotary encoders, a power button and the nescessary cables and connectors" but there is none of this about the C2 Panel 1-2. Are these also included with the above listed panel?

What buttons are on the C2 Panel 1-2, and are there led's on it like on the Control 1 board?

Thanks for answering all of our repetitive questions!

phatcenter77 said:
Double check for me that this will all work fine please:

Input1
ChipVol1
Control 2 and C2 panel 1-2
TR8/15 transformer
An LCD and remote

Yes, that will work fine.

Will this come with the necessary cables to connect each board together?

You get most of the cables at least. You get ribbon cables and connectors for connecting the boards. You'll have to supply some hookup wire for power etc.

If I look at the pictures for the control boards the type 2 board says that it "consists of a small IR receiver board (same as IRDet2), two Alps rotary encoders, a power button and the nescessary cables and connectors" but there is none of this about the C2 Panel 1-2. Are these also included with the above listed panel?

The IR detector is on the panel 1 board, so no separate board is needed for that. But yes, the one or two encoders are included as well.

What buttons are on the C2 Panel 1-2, and are there led's on it like on the Control 1 board?

There are two sets of switches - one for mounting the board vertically and one for horizontal mounting. The functions are power/standby, mute, tape monitor and input selection if that's what you mean. There's only one LED for power/standby indication. The rest is on the display.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

phatcenter77 said:
Can you please give us some more information on your tuner board?

I guess I can post a picture...

There are three boards currently. The one on top is the tuner and tuning PLL circuit. The board in the middle is the MPX decoder/audio filters and the bottom board is the control board. The whole thing should be ready soon...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Attachments

• fm1_setup_small.jpg
    fm1_setup_small.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 687
Re: Remote 1 kit relays

mcdoug88 said:
A couple more quetiosn about the remote 1 kit required relays.

Latching or not?

If not latching, Should thier resting state (no ower to coil) be on or not on?

Not latching. If you need NO or NC contacts depends on your application. If you just get relays with CO (type C) contacts, you can use them in all cases.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

couple of questions?

Hi,

I've browsed trough your site and your kits seem very interesting. But as always I have a question:

Any plans for a kit with a balance control?
128 steps?

These relay kits seem perfect for inculding balance controls, I guess one have to use just single pole relays instead of two pole ones. I know more relays but I am, and I am sure some other people, to stack two pcbs if necessary to get the balance feature in the same time.

Thank you in advance,
Predrag

PS
I am no expert in relays but you say that any 50ohm plus relay works fine on your kits, does that mean they have all the same footprint?