• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote control kits

and the inside...

Attachments

• innards.jpg
    innards.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 716
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I want to offer my many, many thanks to Mikkel for the Dantimax kits and the support he provided to me. Here are a few photos of an Aikido preamp I finished a few weeks ago, which uses the RelVol1, Input1 and Control2 boards.

Attachments

• aikido preamp & ps (front view).jpg
    aikido preamp & ps (front view).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 586
Hi,
too lazy to read the 18 previoius pages....:dead:

I would like to buy a 10K attenuator relayboard for balanced preamp with remote, motorized pot and LCD. Do i need the following parts ?

1 RelVol3 Balanced relay attenuator board without resistors

2 RelVol1/3 MRS25 1% resistor kit. Value: 1OK

1 VolControl3 Attenuator control board for LCD display

1 78xxPSU2 1A DC supply kit. Voltage 5V

1 LCD16x1 16*1 used and tested display

1 RC400 Philips TV-remote "clone"

Just want to be sure before ordering.... :angel: If something's missing or is not necessary, tell me. As soon i know, a "click" on the "order" box and that's it !;)

Have you received the PCB for RelVol3 ?:rolleyes:

Olivier

breizheau said:
Hi,
too lazy to read the 18 previoius pages....:dead:

I would like to buy a 10K attenuator relayboard for balanced preamp with remote, motorized pot and LCD. Do i need the following parts ?

1 RelVol3 Balanced relay attenuator board without resistors
2 RelVol1/3 MRS25 1% resistor kit. Value: 1OK
1 VolControl3 Attenuator control board for LCD display
1 78xxPSU2 1A DC supply kit. Voltage 5V
1 LCD16x1 16*1 used and tested display
1 RC400 Philips TV-remote "clone"

That will work, yes.

Have you received the PCB for RelVol3 ?:rolleyes:

No, some PCBs were lost in the mail, and the RelVol3 boards were in that packet. I have ordered replacements, and they are either currently being made or "in transit". They should arrive in less than a week (I hope)...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Hi Mikkel,
thank you for replying !:cool: So it means for the PCB i have to wait a little bit more.....:rolleyes:

And for the Input2 board, what power i should take ????? So "pity" that the volume and input PS are not the same.....:xeye:

Will check soon, after this looooon week-end !

Thanks again

Olivier

Ok Mikkel. I will check as said before your online shop coze i need more options. In fact, this is waht i would like to do :

- Input/output for balanced/unbalanced controlled by remote
- Attenuator with LCD display and remote for balanced
- Standby PS

Could you help me....? :hot:

If i remind well, i need :
- 1 RelVol3 Balanced relay attenuator board without resistors
- 2 RelVol1/3 MRS25 1% resistor kit. Value: 1OK
- 1 VolControl3 Attenuator control board for LCD display
- 1 LCD16x1 16*1 used and tested display
- 1 RC400 Philips TV-remote "clone"
- 1 Input2 selector board

What about PS for this selection and "standby" function...?

Regards,
Olivier

breizheau said:
Ok Mikkel. I will check as said before your online shop coze i need more options. In fact, this is waht i would like to do :

- Input/output for balanced/unbalanced controlled by remote
- Attenuator with LCD display and remote for balanced
- Standby PS

Could you help me....? :hot:

If i remind well, i need :
- 1 RelVol3 Balanced relay attenuator board without resistors
- 2 RelVol1/3 MRS25 1% resistor kit. Value: 1OK
- 1 VolControl3 Attenuator control board for LCD display
- 1 LCD16x1 16*1 used and tested display
- 1 RC400 Philips TV-remote "clone"
- 1 Input2 selector board

You could use the VolControl3, but you would only be able to select inputs using the remote control. If you want front panel controls for both input selector and volume, use the Control2 (and a front panel) instead.

If you only want a power supply for the Input/RelVol boards all you need is a 9-12V transformer. If you want switched power for an active preamp section for instance, you can use the Standby1.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Hi, I am planning on ordering a few kits from you sometime in the near future, but I want to be sure of what I need.

I am planning on a passive pre-amp with remote controlled volume control and un-balanced source switching, as well as a lcd display. I also want to be able to control it from encoders, but I don't care about buttons.

To do this I am assuming that I need:

1. RelVol 1 and a set of resistors
2. Input 1
3. Control 2 and C2 Panel 2
4. An LCD
5. A Remote
6. A Power Supply

Now I have a few questions...

Which remotes will allow me to have complete control over all functions?

Do the boards come stuffed or do I have to stuff them (I'd prefer to stuff them myself)?

What voltages are necessary for each board?

What power supply would be necessary for all of this, and can you give more information on the ability to power up accessory components (DAC or such)?

Sorry for so many questions...

phatcenter77 said:
Hi, I am planning on ordering a few kits from you sometime in the near future, but I want to be sure of what I need.

I am planning on a passive pre-amp with remote controlled volume control and un-balanced source switching, as well as a lcd display. I also want to be able to control it from encoders, but I don't care about buttons.

To do this I am assuming that I need:

1. RelVol 1 and a set of resistors
2. Input 1
3. Control 2 and C2 Panel 2
4. An LCD
5. A Remote
6. A Power Supply

Yes.

Now I have a few questions...

Which remotes will allow me to have complete control over all functions?

All, except the "small" ones (RU120/151).

Do the boards come stuffed or do I have to stuff them (I'd prefer to stuff them myself)?

You have to stuff the boards yourself - unless you want to pay extra and wait 3-6 months to get them ;)

What voltages are necessary for each board?

What power supply would be necessary for all of this, and can you give more information on the ability to power up accessory components (DAC or such)?

The input selector board includes a 5V supply, so you just need 9-12V AC or DC for everything. There is a connector for a power relay that you can use to switch other circuits on/off. You can use the Standby1 supply, and get a switched mains output - or you can just connect a 5 or 6V relay.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Hi,
I'm interested in the kits, but trying to figure out what bits I would need for the following:

- Relay attenuator (unbalanced) controlled by a remote, not a knob -- though if possible to have both at same time that would be nice.
- A little LCD display.
- Only one input (I plan to insert the attenuator to the output stage of a DAC (1.6vrms output / 90ohms output impedance).

This, I guess, would mean:

1. RelVol1 - Relay attenuator board without resistors
2. RelVol1RM - RelVol1/3 MRS25 1% resistor kit
3. VolControl3 - Attenuator control board for LCD display
4. 5vdc PSU
5. IRDet2 - IR detector module
6. HD44780-compatible LCD display

...or have I got it all wrong????

thanks!

PS. Final question -- are relays superior to the PGA2310????