• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote control kits

Mikkel
THanks
do you still have the Philips CD Pro transport available?

Here is my problem
I wired everything up
I bought the
1) remote
2) volume and display control board
3) relay board
When i connect 2 and 3 boards together, i turn the volume and the LCD and relay changes. This works fine
BUt the remote does not respond no matter what i press
How do i fix this?

cheers
nicholas

NickC said:
do you still have the Philips CD Pro transport available?

Yes.

Here is my problem
When i connect 2 and 3 boards together, i turn the volume and the LCD and relay changes. This works fine
BUt the remote does not respond no matter what i press
How do i fix this?

The problem is most likely the address setup on the remote and the control board.

I sent you an e-mail about this 10 days ago. Didn't you get it? I have just noticed that the e-mail I replied to wasn't sent from your normal address, so perhaps that's the problem. I will send a copy to your normal address.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Remote1 and RelVol1C

Hi Mikkel,

I have some questions:

Remote1
I just have regulated 5V DC (10VA) in my preamp for digital gadgetry. Is this enough for the steering of an Alps RK27112MC?

RelVol1C
Which Type/Model of relays do you use? Are they gold plated? Which type of resistors (MRS25?) do you offering?

I have a universal remote. What brand and model of a reference device do I have to choose for correct operation?

Regards

Thomas

Re: Remote1 and RelVol1C

Tolu said:
Remote1
I just have regulated 5V DC (10VA) in my preamp for digital gadgetry. Is this enough for the steering of an Alps RK27112MC?

Yes, you only need 2-300mA.

RelVol1C
Which Type/Model of relays do you use? Are they gold plated? Which type of resistors (MRS25?) do you offering?

The relays are either Omron G5V-2 or a copy. They have gold plated contacts and are made for switching low-level signals.

I have a universal remote. What brand and model of a reference device do I have to choose for correct operation?

Just look for a Philips TV or amp. One or more of them will work.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Re: VolControl2 and ChipVol1

mcdoug88 said:
Is VolControl2 and ChipVol1 compatible?

Yes.

If so and I want to use the gain on the PG2310, how does th 2 digit display cover full range?

It doesn't actually cover the full range. The standard range is -79 to +20dB. If you want that changed to perhaps -69 to +30dB that's possible also.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

And mail from me also now :)

The formaula isn't that complicated - it's just a standard formula for calculating the value of resistors in parallel.

The values jathel asked for are a 100k attenuator with a 1M load. The load resistors are 111k1 in that case.

To get the result, I enter the following on my old TI calculator:

( 100 x-1 - 1000 x-1 ) x-1 = and get the result 111.1111111

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I have been asked about an input selector board smaller than the Input1/2. So I have made a board with three inputs now. It still has a mute relay also, but no tape monitor loop. It's called Input4, and can be found here: http://electronics.dantimax.dk/Kits/Selectors_-_attenuators/index.html

I have also added a connection board for the 4-channel RK27 pots, and three power supply kits. The power supplies are here: http://electronics.dantimax.dk/Kits/Power_supply_kits/index.html - the RK27 board is under Accessories -> Pots/Motorpots.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Hi.

I’m planning a project for a preamplifier. The schematic is based on Aleph P, by Nelson Pass.

I need a volume attenuator; because of the balanced scheme I prefer to use an attenuator with relay.

So I would like to order these items:

RelVol3 with RelVol1/3 MRS25 1% resistor ( 2 kit) - 10k
Control 2 CPU board with Front Panel Type 1
LCD16x2BB (16*2 display with blue LED backlight)

I have some question:

1. These items can be used together?

2. In the future I will need an input selector with both balanced and unbalanced inputs: can I use Control 2 with Input 2 selector board?

Thank you!

Regards.

Modesto Gabrieli Francescato

I have just answered you by e-mail, but I can reply here as well, as that may help others :)

moddy said:
So I would like to order these items:

RelVol3 with RelVol1/3 MRS25 1% resistor ( 2 kit) - 10k
Control 2 CPU board with Front Panel Type 1
LCD16x2BB (16*2 display with blue LED backlight)

I have some question:

1. These items can be used together?

Yes.

2. In the future I will need an input selector with both balanced and unbalanced inputs: can I use Control 2 with Input 2 selector board?

Yes. But in this case just order the attenuator board and the Control2. You can the add the input selector later. The Control2 can be used just with attenuator boards connected.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I have a couple of "left over" parts and kits. I have put them on two pages here: http://electronics.dantimax.dk/Specials/

Included are some assembled/un-assembled prototype kits, some connectors and cheaper versions of some kits.

I have been asked what parts come with the "cheap" Phono1 kit. I have attached a picture to this post. The parts aren't bad at all. Some of the caps are just 5% types, but they are selected so the values are still accurate.

I only have one or a few of some of the parts. I will update the website when something is sold out, but please check before sending payment. I sleep and work sometimes also :)

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Attachments

• phono1d_parts.jpg
    phono1d_parts.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,026
phatcenter77 said:
Will this be able to use the display that is used by a volume and source selector kits as well?

For example a

Input1
ChipVol1
Control 2 and C2 panel 1-2

setup? So that when the LCD is not being used by the volume or input selection it will show the tuner information?

No, not easily. Both boards expect to have access to the display all the time. And the tuner updates the display all the time when it's on (field strength indicator, stereo indicator etc.). The two boards also use different character sets...

To use one display, the control boards would have to be combined also - which is not an easy task. So perhaps someday, but not anytime soon :)

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen