• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote control kits

Mikkel,
I need to debounce the input selector switches. Sometimes switches respond only second or even third time when pressed, or refuse to switch if switched just a bit faster. I'm using long travel lighted switches (ITW series 39).

I tried with debouncing circuits with schmitt triggers but it still does not work correctly. The triggers otherwise work well with cmos flip flops.
Is there a solution for this?

thanks,
Peter

Peter Gruden said:
Mikkel,
I need to debounce the input selector switches. Sometimes switches respond only second or even third time when pressed, or refuse to switch if switched just a bit faster. I'm using long travel lighted switches (ITW series 39).

I tried with debouncing circuits with schmitt triggers but it still does not work correctly. The triggers otherwise work well with cmos flip flops.
Is there a solution for this?

Have you looked at the switch "outputs" with a scope? The signals have to be stable after 100ms for the switching to work correctly - and that's normally no problem.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

5.1 input selector

Hi Mikkel,

My Thule PR350b have only one true analog input that happens to be a 5.1 input. Every other input is either digital or is routed through A/D-D/A conversion in the DSP.
I am interested in a kit for 6/2 ch switching, without volume control, as you indicated this possible in an earlier thread:

How many 5.1 inputs do you (and others) need? I have planned to make a 5.1 "add-on" input selector to be used with one of the 2-channel selectors. So the add-on board would control the remaining 4 channels. But how many inputs? Two or three?

Wishlist:

- 3 x 6 ch (5.1) inputs
- 3 x 2 ch (stereo) inputs
- 1 x 6 ch (5.1) output
- 16 x 1 LED display for source indication
- 6 x user programmable source names + " mute " in display
- output or inputs muted on power on
- mute selectable from remote
- control by my Philips SBC RU 760 remote control
- no balanced inputs/outputs
- no active components in signal path
- no offset adjustment capabilities
- no front panel controls
- no volume control
- no tape loop

Would all this be possible? What do I need to order for this setup? Price?

/Anders Persson

Re: 5.1 input selector

siouxiebuff said:
Hi Mikkel,

Wishlist:

- 3 x 6 ch (5.1) inputs
- 3 x 2 ch (stereo) inputs
- 1 x 6 ch (5.1) output

The simplest/cheapest would probably be to make a 4-channel add-on board. You could use a standard Input1 board for the stereo channels, and an extra board for the 4 channels. That would get you two boards of approximately the same size, and the 6 inputs you need.

- 16 x 1 LED display for source indication

What type of LED display are you talking about? If you can get a 16x1 OLED display (LCD compatible) that will work. Regular starburst or matrix LED displays are more difficult to work with. You could also use a VFD with a coloured filter.

- 6 x user programmable source names + " mute " in display
- output or inputs muted on power on
- mute selectable from remote
- control by my Philips SBC RU 760 remote control
- no balanced inputs/outputs
- no active components in signal path
- no offset adjustment capabilities
- no front panel controls
- no volume control
- no tape loop

Would all this be possible? What do I need to order for this setup? Price?

Yes, the rest should be possible. The extra input board will cost around the same as the Input1. But a bit more because of the low quantity of boards I will order :)

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Ok, I think I understand better now.

With 4 channel board you mean a board with 3 x 4 channel inputs. Excellent!
I am not sure where the 5.1 output will fit however. I hope you can get one of those in as well.

So I then need the following:

- Input 1 board
- the 4 ch board
- Control 2 board
- wallwart supply
- display

Will I need a frontpanel board as well to get the IR - receiver? I will not need any front panel controls.

As I will manage with an 8 digit display, how about this:

http://www.elfa.se/pdf/75/07552862.pdf

Regards,

/Anders

whish list :)

I am not sure but like somebody sad wish list :)
What would be really nice for me to have 5 inputs 1 output and one direct (tape monitor) that is exactly the same size as relvol3, and no need for these RCA connectors just holes we can put some silver wire :) This way it will be possible to stack the two PCBs and gain some valuable space that is always needed inside the chasis :)

Regards,
Pred

PS
I ordered last spring my relvol3, still not tried, time flies and no time, but one of these days...

Re: whish list :)

pred said:
I am not sure but like somebody sad wish list :)
What would be really nice for me to have 5 inputs 1 output and one direct (tape monitor) that is exactly the same size as relvol3, and no need for these RCA connectors just holes we can put some silver wire :) This way it will be possible to stack the two PCBs and gain some valuable space that is always needed inside the chasis :)

I guess you would want that board to be balanced, since you have the RelVol3? I don't think I can fit that many full-size relays on a board the same size as the RelVol3. The Input2 board is a bit bigger - even without the connectors ;)

I use the bigger relays on the input selector boards to avoid crosstalk. It's no problem on the balanced inputs (one relay per input), but the unbalanced inputs share a relay between the two channels. Perhaps I should use SMD relays and place them on both sides of the board :)

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen