• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Kit for amp power soft switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JoshK said:
ahh...thanks. I read a couple of applications of debouncers via google so I was able to get the jist but that helps a lot.

The periodic impulses, is that because you are switching AC rather than DC?

No, it's the nature of touching two contacts together. As the two pieces of metal begin touching, you get these very high frequency pulses (on/off) that a digital circuit can "see" but you would never notice if trying to directly turn on a light bulb or read off a DVM.

A rather simple approach to debouncing would be to use a series resistor and cap to ground. This becomes a low-pass fitler so that these high frequency bounces are shunted to ground. I chose to use the IC because everything was in one surface mount package.

FYI, you can still get in on this group buy. I know I had said I would close it on Friday, but since the switches are on backorder, I wanted to get everyone's feedback on how to proceed.

TO EVERYONE: please post or send me an email with your preference on what to do about the switches. I can either collect all the money now and wait on the switches, or we can do a separate GB for the switches. I am waiting on feedback before I get everyone to send money so I can order everything else.

I have Button Switches already, you can ship to those who do not want buttons and hold the orders for those who do want buttons until you can ship them complete.

My Button switch does not have a glow blue ring, nut then it was only $8 CAD.

Aelph X-40

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• button_a.jpg
    button_a.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 318
Hey Max i would prefer to get my kits as soon as possible as i dont need the switches and my mates are getting itchy hands waiting for these beaut kits.Oh does it come with like a placement guide for the components or something like that?Let me know how and when you want the payment..

Cheers

Bowdown

I'm ready to start collecting money for the group buy. Go to the Wiki page to see the pricing. I'd like to collect money now for the switches so I can get the order placed and parts reserved.

For those who do not want a switch, I will ship when I have all the parts. If you want a switch I will wait until the switches arrive to ship everything. This will cut down on shipping costs.

Since we currently have interest in 25 of the 120V versions, I will do a "regular" PCB order instead of a prototype order to get the cost down from $11 to $8. This is for qty 30 since there's a $1 each difference if ordering 25.

I prefer payment by Paypal. You can send it to rcheng@mindspring.com. If you want to pay by other method, please contact me directly.

Hey Max sorry again but that $16 shipping charge to Australia, is it for all 8 pcbs( i hope so) and if it is, what would happen if i wanted to add 2-4 more pcbs? will it still be $16?oh and yeah does it come with a component placement guide???Thanx man your a champ.

Regards

Bowdown

bowdown said:
Hey Max sorry again but that $16 shipping charge to Australia, is it for all 8 pcbs( i hope so) and if it is, what would happen if i wanted to add 2-4 more pcbs? will it still be $16?oh and yeah does it come with a component placement guide???Thanx man your a champ.

Regards

Bowdown

Yes 16 USD is for all the PCBs kits. 2-4 more kits shouldn't add much more to shipping, although I really won't know the total until I actually have everything boxed and weighed. I'm simply guessing at a weight and using usps.com to estimate the shipping from USA to Austrailia. How about an even $20 for shipping?

Yes I'll include schematic, parts list, and placement drawings. Will you be able to obtain the debounce switch on your own? Do you have a Maxim rep in Australia? We can order samples 2 at a time here in the US.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.