• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Kit for amp power soft switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bowdown said:
Hey Max i got my kits yesterday and i already built 1 of them it is bloody awesome mate. thanx for the group buy guys. Just 1 question what was the purpose of J14 and J3 again???thanx again..

Regards

Bowdown

Hehe, you're the one who asked for J14. You had asked for 2 terminals in series with the relay for thermal shutdown. If you do not want to use this feature just install a wire jumper.

J3 selects the default state upon power-on. If you jumper positions 2-3, the output will be off when you power the circuit on.

More info here:
http://maxhawk.bravepages.com/projects/Ampturnon

Hello, I got my kit and I am very happy with it.
I just have one question, and I appologize for redundancy if it was already asked.
I received relay that is much bigger than the one originally specified. Is this outboard replacement in order to run higher load (power supply)? If it is, do I still need to get original relay for the board, or does this bigger one serves both purposes. In any case could you please help me with the wiring diagram with the new relay.
If this new relay doesn't do both tasks, would you please help me with wiring diagram and part number needed for the Power supply switcing.
Thank you for the great effort in puting this group buy.
AR2:confused:

Yes, the relay that was shipped is too big to fit on the PCB. Someone had asked me to order this relay since it will handle much more current than the one I used on the PCB.

I mentioned several times that Digikey p/n 255-1122 would not fit on the PCB but no one seemed to have a problem with it.

I've added a diagram on my page that shows how to wire up the large relay to the PCB. You will need to find a way to mount in your amplifier since it is a PCB mount device.

http://maxhawk.bravepages.com/projects/Ampturnon

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Mine...

the Euro-version:

Arne K

Attachments

• turnonxx.jpg
    turnonxx.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 508
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.