• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fast GB: LM4702 high power amp test board ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
veteran said:
dfdye, maybe it won't be much bigger ;) I can place transistors in front of LM4702 (mine is running quite hot so I will need a little heatsink for it).
Like I have said before, I disagree with the National guys saying you don't need a heat sink on this chip. I have run it without cooling for a while, but I don't think it is a good idea.

Oh, and no surprise that the board will be big! :D

My prototype output boards have been larger than I would have wanted but I think with a separate board you can be a little more efficient with the layout. Since you are working with one board, I can see the potential problems. Good luck! I am sure you will get something good.

BTW, I think you have inspired me to try Mosfets with your board.

veteran said:
This is only a draft. You can see FETs on this schematic but there is a place for TO247/SOT93 transistor with ECB pinout.

http://www.audio.webd.pl/pdf/monster_amp.pdf
That looks like a great start, but with my limited experience, I have to ask why you have two transistors (T1 & T50) when most of the designs I have seen/used only use one. This is not questioning whether it will work, but I simply don't know the answer.

Attachments

• c200cfp_schema.gif
    c200cfp_schema.gif
    9 KB · Views: 880
That looks like a great start, but with my limited experience, I have to ask why you have two transistors (T1 & T50) when most of the designs I have seen/used only use one. This is not questioning whether it will work, but I simply don't know the answer.

I thought there might be some advantage but after further thought I can not think of any. Works the same as one. Looks better on paper?

Quick question: What mosfets are you using? I am about to drop an order in for some other stuff and I figured I would play around with mosfets since they seem to be in the mix and working well.

Thanks!
David

PS What PCB software are you using? I have hit the size limit in the free version of Eagle and am looking at alternatives before I bite the bullet and buy a full version of Eagle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.