• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Euro Stevens and Billington TX102 Group Purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apologies........

...... to all those awaiting emails.

I have been tied up lately, and was at a memorial service for an old friend yesterday.

OK, those who sent me mail, I will email you in a couple of minutes. I'll also add you to my Outlook distribution list. Please excuse any duplicate mails from either myself or Gregm. I suggest that, once we sort out the payment details to Brian, any updates go on the WIKI.

PLEASE do not post any pricing info!

I assume that most people will have access to PayPal - and would recommend this method. If you are able to open an account, then please do so. It takes a few days to get set up, though. Just don't forget to add the relevant fees. Details are available here:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

or here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

For those who live in countries where PayPal is not available, there are an number of ways to get the funds to Brian. Details are listed on his website here:

http://www.diyhifisupply.com/diyhs_ordering.htm

Ok, I'll now send the emails that are waiting (sorry again for the delay) and we'll be able to get motoring on this GP.

Please update the WIKI!! :D

Jon

Primary to secondary isolation?

What is the primary to secondary isolation?

The transformer barrier can be used as a level shifter

If this is on the order of hundreds of volts, one can use these volume controls as level shifters to create DC coupled tube circuits (i.e no blocking caps required - there is still galvanic isolation)

If this is on the order of several tens of volts, one can use these volume controls as level shifters to create single stage DC coupled transistor pre-amps.

Would be useful to know ....

Petter

How much current in secondary?

It would also be useful to know how much current can be passed in secondary. If high enough, one can make a "DC coupled" passive amplifier or variants thereof such as amplifiers setting up the a current imbalance in a long-tailed pair directly.

Important News!

Hello all,

we are now reaching critical mass with this GP. It is time to set the deadlines and publicise the terms & conditions.

THESE POINTS ARE VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE CAREFULLY!!

++WIKI & PAYMENT SCHEDULE++

The WIKI will close at MIDNIGHT Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on Friday 5 Nov - or 2359Z 5 Nov. This will allow time for most folks to deal with information and payment-forwarding over the weekend.

The WIKI is the means to authenticate individuals for this GP. If you are not on the WIKI, you cannot take part.

Check the WIKI here: http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=TX102+Group+Purchase

If you have difficulty in editing the WIKI, email me.

INDIVIDUAL PAYMENTS TO BRIAN CHERRY TO BE MADE BY MIDNIGHT GMT on FRIDAY 12 NOV.

After that time, the order will be placed. If you miss this deadline, your order will not be placed.

++TERMS, CONDITIONS and GENERAL POINTS - PLEASE REMOVE YOUR ORDER IF YOU ARE NOT 100% HAPPY WITH THESE++

1. Delivery Dates CANNOT be guaranteed. Likewise delivered prices. YOU are liable for tax / duties or whatever other levies are made by your Government.

2. S & B do not deal with individuals - Please do not try to deal with them personally. This will not help and will complicate the GP.

3. Delivery costs can be given by Brian when he knows where (on Earth!) the order is going.

4. All invoices WILL reflect the true value of the goods - No discussion.

5. These will be TX102 MK3 at price discussed.

6. These will be shipped from UK or HK as the case may be.

7. Seiden switches at price mentioned, must ship from Brian in Hong Kong.

8. Django kit at current posted price on www.diyhifisupply.com less $573.60USD (to allow for
discount on Seiden switches Brian has offered) for TX102 and must ship from him.

9. The DIYAudio community will provide tech support and builder advice etc - Not Brian and not S&B.

10. The WIKI is for TX102 orders only. For the Seiden switches and Django individuals must contact Brian to discuss.

11. Once ordered and paid, NO CANCELLATIONS.

12. Delivery is NOT 3 weeks as earler mentioned in my previous emails. Crossed lines - Sorry. The whole process will take around SIX (6) weeks from when everyone on the WIKI has paid or when the payment date of MIDNIGHT GMT on FRIDAY 12 NOV passes.

13. NO FUNDS are to be sent to JB. REPEAT no money to JB. This will complicate the GP out of all proportion (i.e. what is meant for what and from whom).

14. Payment by PayPal to: sales@diyhifisupply.com

15. Payment by credit cards (be prepared for a time-consuming procedure as what is required for on-line transactions here) http://www.diyhifisupply.com/diyhs_ordering.htm (see: Direct Payment By Credit Card)

15. PayPal and credit card WILL REQUIRE AN EXTRA 3% to cover the transaction. Credit cards will be billed in HKD at rate of 7.8 to one USD so that what appears on credit card card may vary depending on currency exchange rates and banks commissions

16. PayPal payments to be made in USD.

17. Payment by Western Union money transfer (exact amount as fee paid at sender side) to my personal name (not to company name as not accepted): Brian Cherry

18. Payment by tt funds transfer (info can be supplied but this is VERY expensive to
the sender as all fees must be paid at sender side)

19. PLEASE NOTE THAT cheques will NOT work in this case as we'd have to wait 28 days to clear
and that would slow the group transaction by a further 4 weeks.

20. UK and EU purchases expect to be charged a 15 GBP delivery charge. Other areas - Please see www.diyhifisupply.com for delivery prices to your locale.

FINALLY:

A big thanks is due to JB and Brian for supporting this GP and allowing us the opportunity to get our hands on these well-respected products. It has not been an easy undertaking, as you can imagine. Thanks also to GregM for his valuable support and efforts.

Best wishes

Jon

P.S. Email me if any aspects of this GP is not clear. I will try to find you the answer.

Delivery Charges

Hi All,

I can now confirm that UK delivery is 15 GBP Via Interlink delivery. And Europe Via registered post for £25.

I will confirm to who these funds are payable.

All other destinations will be shipped from HK and delivery charges may be found at diyhifisupply.com.

Cheers

Jon

Hi,

after a few emails my payment details are clear :angel: , I will tell you just to illustrate and reduce questions running to Gregm, Jon and Brian.

I will pay via paypal to sales@diyhifisupply.com

USD *** (transformers)
USD 32 (=GBP25 shipping to Europe)
-----------------------------
sum: USD (***+32)
plus 3% paypal fees
-----------------------------
sums up to USD (***+32)×1.03

this will be paid until 12th of november.

Cheers
Christian.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.