• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Euro Stevens and Billington TX102 Group Purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I received my TX's yesterday! Boy, am I excited!

A big thanks to everyone who mad the GB possible, and here's a quickie question regarding the transformers.

These are the TX-102 Mk III, right?

Is this the same thing as the TX-103 that I've seen referred to in some of the online documentation?

Also, both of my transformers have a very shallow dent on top near the edge. They're both the same size, about 1cm wide by 2 cm long. As they're both the same size and about in the same location, I'm assuming this is artifact of the manufacturing process. Nothing to worry about, right? Anyone else notice these on their transformers?

OK, good stuff! I won't get around to building mine for some time, but I can't wait to hear some comparisons between the TXs and what everyone was using before.

Best,
KT

Joined 2002
Paid Member
KT said:
These are the TX-102 Mk III, right?

Hi,
I just got my transformers today from Brian and pass along my thanks to the folks who made this possible.

I also now understand KT's question. My transformers came with an invoice from Brian listing them as TX-102 MK II transformers. I assume that this is just an error in the paper work and not an indication of us getting the leftovers.

Thanks,
---Gary

KT said:
Also, both of my transformers have a very shallow dent on top near the edge. They're both the same size, about 1cm wide by 2 cm long. As they're both the same size and about in the same location, I'm assuming this is artifact of the manufacturing process. Nothing to worry about, right? Anyone else notice these on their transformers?

Dents in transformer's housing are normal thing, some got more some less, but nothing to worry about.

Konnichiwa,

pooge said:
Are there any distinguishing characteristics that would enable one to determine whether a TX102 is version I, II, II.5, or III?

There are no external charateristics.

The MK1 is sufficiently rare that you probably do not have one. If the Transformers where produced before Mid 2004 they are generically MK2, which minor revision is very hard to say. If they where made after Mid 2004 they should be Mk3.

f you can measure the frequency response you might be able to distinguish them the ultrasonic behaviour differs somewhat.

Sayonara

Stevens and Billington line matching transformers

Saw this post re group purchase - we have, in a shed load of audio equipment, acquired a few Stevens and Billington 'line matching transformers' - 4 x JB.807 ESS, 3 x JB.825 and 3 x JB 743.

All are new and unused.

Could anyone let me know what they are worth?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.