D1 I/V Stage Finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
for power supply with LM317 I use the following

In place of RA, Rb, Rc and Rd use 2 trimmers to set the voltage correctly. I think that Rb and Rc shouldn´t be exactly the same or you dont get the voltages matched all the time.
Parts dont give symmetric voltage.

Attachments

• d1psulowres.jpg
    d1psulowres.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3,184
This is the PSU.

I didnt change much.
Made some pads bigger for better soldering.
The holes are now correct for the parts with thick terminals.
There are 2 more holes for bigger caps.
10uF MCap from Mundorf can be used on the board.
The Ground track is corrected.

Attachments

• d1outpsu.pdf
    12 KB · Views: 801
No commercial use.

That's for sure. I doubt Nelson Pass would want that Pass Labs designs be used for others to make money anyways.

I forgot to mention: it would be that, once my DAC will be done, I'll create a web page with all schematics, PCBs(Layouts, not for sale), and without forgetting credits to people like you and many others and links to the posts.

So, I'd write:
I/V stage PCB designed by Promitheus from the Pass Labs D1 design. See http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=30208

Not going pretty far. There's so much parts to select and only 60 hours of Internet per month so it's practically impossible to make a list.

For the resistors and caps, I still have to make the choice between Xicon and Panasonic. Maybe I'll use drops in the I/V stage.

I don't want to spend tons of :$: on them as I will build more than one and money is not coming in very fast.

I at least now selected what I will use to build it.

Pedja Rogic DAC + SPDIF part,
TNT Audio PSU,
74HC157 input switch,
D1 I/V stage,
cm's EIAJ to I2S converter(If I need it),
PCM2706 USB input,
maybe others I forgot.

I just need to find which resistors are going around the TL431 I'll use to power the 74HC157.

An other problem, batteries or tranny­.

Hi, I was trying to make a parts list for the PSU. The scheme and parts list are not telling the same thing.

First, in the parts list, there are no 47nF while in the scheme there are. In the scheme, you call some 220uF electrolytics some multiceramics.

Other things like this are on it. That's the other kind of problem I encounter when trying to do a parts list.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.