D1 I/V Stage Finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ciao Stefano

Caro Stefano,
such a long time that i have to give you some 12 euros!
In any case the lackness of bass I feel is perceived in comparison with my revox no-oversampling and with the best sounding cd player i've had in my system, that's a naim cdx (it's a machine costing big big money!) I had the occasion to test and that is one the best i've heard to date.
Furthermore i've tested the d1 output both on the old elektor pcm63 dac that is suffering for the low quality of the yamaha digital front end and on another old marantz cd 50 always with no oversampling mod.
Still have to try the thing on the Revox, that is my personal benchmark.
Stefano fatti vivo . Ho provato a chiamarti una decina di giorni fa, ma evidentemente eri al lavoro.
Ciao

Paolo

This is how I modified the cascode stage with Jfet :
:D

Attachments

• jfetd1.jpg
    jfetd1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 6,111
big caps

I used four big silver mundorf caps (2,2 uF) parallel with four 2,7 uF Hovland musicaps in the output.
These big caps are spread all over the cdp because there is of course no room. I didnot expect much from it with the 16 long leads all over the player. The layout is a mesh but the sound is good and I hope will become better if everything has "burned in".

commstech said:
My DAC consists of 2 x TDA1541 in parallel. With the Idac of two TDA1541, is the D1 a suitable candidate for IV stage? Any adjustments to make?

IMHO the D1 doesn't care that much about the DAC's current.
Provided you trim it for the correct voltage on the iout pin of the DAC (0V for the TDA1541A) and use a adequate value for the drain resistor of the "sensing" Mosfet (where the I/V conversion is actually made) you should have no problems at all.

Cheers

Andrea

Andypairo said:

IMHO the D1 doesn't care that much about the DAC's current.
Provided you trim it for the correct voltage on the iout pin of the DAC (0V for the TDA1541A) and use a adequate value for the drain resistor of the "sensing" Mosfet (where the I/V conversion is actually made) you should have no problems at all.

Cheers

Andrea

Dear Andrea, would u be kind enough to point out to me this drain resistor that i have to take note of? R6 (1.5k) in the schematic?

attachment.php

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.