D1 I/V Stage Finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A couple of questions.......

Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle of assembling my D1 (thanks Prom!), but have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone have a part number for the 20K multiturn trimmer to fit the parts overlay/footprint on the PCB?

2. How much current does the D1 draw? I saw 20mA per channel in another thread. I'd like to have a look at a superregulated power supply if the draw is light enough.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts......

Cheers

Jon

... and I would seriously consider a supply that starts with smaller ripple caps into a C-multiplier (like Mr Evil's) onto an active current source to finish with a shunt reg - sounds quite a mess, but it's three seperate simple building blocks that are quite simple and have appeared here often. Curiously, you can "vary the sound" of these "blocks" quite a bit without having any of that instability problems of many series reg feedback designs - good fun!

Input voltage swing

Hi! Seems that I'm a latecomer here but hopefully you guys who have built this can help out.

I just finished my take on a D1 I/V based on the original? (post #26) schematics but didn't connected to my AD1865 yet as I'm not sure it is all right as it is.

I noticed two things while adjusting the input voltages for 0V:

1. The input is slowly rising to around +50mV as it warms up. After 10mins T2 warms up to ~50C while T1 stays ~30-40C, so wouldn't normally need a heat-sink but I can mount one. I expect that with a heat-sink it will settle ~10-20mV.
2. On powering up both inputs are at about -3.2V, quickly go down to 1V then 100mV in about 10sec, to 50mV in 30sec and as T1 is warming up it reaches 0V in 2-3min and very slowly rising after. Without heat-sink it probably goes up to +50mV.

- Is this the expected behavior of how this circuit should work?
- Wouldn't that startup voltage swing damage the DAC chip?
- 50mV DC on input is within limits or should I add a heat-sink to keep it lower?

Many thanks,
Zsolt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.