D1 I/V Stage Finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Blues said:
NP, will you be coming out with a cool Jfet buffer version for the Zv4? Or better, how can I adapt a jfet for a buffer for the Zv4?

For this purpose, I would propose that you use an ordinary
signal JFET like a 2SK170 or 2SJ74 treated as a buffer, just
like the P channel Mosfet is used on ZV4. The difference will
primarily be the means of biasing it up, so that you'll have to
provide DC bias for the (now) AC coupled input.

The cute thing about the original P channel Mosfet is that you
could direct couple the input Gate on it and use the Vgs to
create the Drain to Source voltage for the device.

:cool:

Here's an other version of the PSU PCB, with 5k multiturn. I removed the rectifier, transformer and input filter caps as these will make part of the pre-regulator.

I might come up with the schematic until the end of the day.

Attachments

• psu-2.png
    psu-2.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,296
I guess I'll have to regulate everything to ±35vDC.

I did a price list just for the PSU scheme I posted and it's 10$ CAD. It's going to cost a lot of $$$. That's the PSU only for the I/V. There's also the USB to I2S converter, EIAJ to I2S, SPDIF to I2S, DAC, switch, etc. that all need a PSU and the circuit itself. I'm going to build 5 DACs. LOTS of $$$

Do you tell I could just not use the diodes? (Or use standard ones)

Is it important to select special electrolytics? I took some low impedance, high reliability 105°C ones. That's making a lot more $.

But at the same time, since I order more parts, there are some discounts that are not calculated in my spreadsheet that could make me save money too.

the SB360 are normaly OK but it would be safer if they were 100 V.
They are rated 60V which should be OK but schittky diodes are sensitive.

The SB3100 would be better.

The 1N5819 are also low voltage. Do you have these or are you going to buy them?

I would use something rated 1-3 A at 100 Volts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.