• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Rev does not use USB power , it has dedicated power inlet.

As far as ground , we used filters for ALL inputs (USB included) so your Gnd is filtered.

Today we have tested for IMD. I am happy to say that "ess hump" is non existent in our DAC

Note also that IMD is equal to the best measured DAC Okto (rather more expensive)

Attachments

• IMD Measurement_revolution DAC-converted.pdf
    27.3 KB · Views: 186
Nice, I wonder if galvanic isolation, or a USB to spdif/i2s lvds converter will still make the sound better on the revolution DAC as it does on many other DAC. I kinda don't like DACs where the sound becomes better when used with a converter as that just means the input was sub optimally done even DACs costing over 1300$+ are not excempt from this.

Thats a question that cannot be answered since it depends on many variables

USB to spidif/i2s...what type of jitter it will introduce ?

Note that we are already using a USB to i2s (xmos ic on board) and that IC is feed multiple indepedant LDOs. I can post the MCLK . CLK LRCK and you can see they are close to perfect waveform

Galvanic isolation ...you already have it using a product like USbridge sig or RPI with ethernet being galvanically isolated (and in case of UsbS further cleaned with CMC filter)

At last , I think it might be dependent on your setup with the specific ground loops.

Thats a question that cannot be answered since it depends on many variables

USB to spidif/i2s...what type of jitter it will introduce ?

Note that we are already using a USB to i2s (xmos ic on board) and that IC is feed multiple indepedant LDOs. I can post the MCLK . CLK LRCK and you can see they are close to perfect waveform

Galvanic isolation ...you already have it using a product like USbridge sig or RPI with ethernet being galvanically isolated (and in case of UsbS further cleaned with CMC filter)

At last , I think it might be dependent on your setup with the specific ground loops.
Ahh yeah your right there won't be multiple earth paths if both DAC/usb Sig is powered by same LPS, I forgot that, just need to make sure to use unshielded UTP Ethernet cable with some distance from power lines as shielded can still carry ground loop from router/modem/coax cable which is usually connected elsewhere in the house for most people.

So can we expect the DAC to ship in October if everything goes well?

No wifi on board , but we have added 2x USB ports in front of the box labeled wifi/bt

In fact we are testing a new wifi dongle right now with excelent results (and we will have it for sale)

PCB house in China was busy but finally they advised the new PCB for Revolution (last revision) will be shipped by next Friday.

Those are golden ears samples

No wifi on board , but we have added 2x USB ports in front of the box labeled wifi/bt

In fact we are testing a new wifi dongle right now with excelent results (and we will have it for sale)

PCB house in China was busy but finally they advised the new PCB for Revolution (last revision) will be shipped by next Friday.

Those are golden ears samples

Great news! Sonically speaking, would you recommend using the WiFi dongle or Ethernet sans "audiophile treatment"?