• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Just received my shanti LPS, using it atm powering a usbridge, and a XSPDIF2 connected to a Matrix sabre pro, i really like the sound quality increase feeding cleaner power to the clocks brings.

Would be really interesting to see others feedback of the revolution DAC when it releases, There's quite a possibility it will beat DACs costing quite a bit higher like my sabre pro.

Any news on Nirvana? Is it a simple transformer replacement or will you have to rework the whole board.

Wurth is sending 2 new samples of transformers that apparently do not heat .

I need about 2 weeks to receive and test.

If they pass the test we can start mass production. Sorry for the delay but we did not expect the issue on transformers and in the box it became more apparent . Lucky we got it using our thermal camera.

some Shanti - news

I realized I might have made a mistake of promoting Shanti over at AudioAsylum.
To be honest. I still like Shanti. That's why I did it.
Even after cdgames outburst towards me. (I'm basically not allowed to send cdsgames private mails anymore.)
Ok. Then let's have the discussion over here.

If some people think about me as a critical person. There are places out there
where people looking a bit more critical at things. See AudioAsylum.

Here's an interesting related video

Basically people complain how long it takes for the voltage to build up.
E.g. Uptone states that 75s startup time can be expected on their devices.
I guess that's basically the supercap charging time which gets stretched due do charging current limitations. Shanti settling time seems to take much longer.

Since there is pretty much no documentation of Shanti describing a similar behavior, of course some people are worried to smoke rather sensitive devices during undervoltage conditions. I made a related remark on the shutdown part quite a while back.

Another subject I stepped over. Over at computer audiophile people reported loose screws on the transformer. I think Allo addressed that already.
I still have a gen1 (my guess) device @home and havn't been notified by Allo about a potential issue on that potentially critical subject.

And I do not know if there's more.

Some recommendations towards Allo:

1. Please deliver proper documentation for your products.
Documentation is an essential part of a product!
Just listing two noise graphs is simply not sufficient.
The documentation should be available prior to shipment - online!
2. Please release product notes if something critical is found or if people
have to return their devices.
Yep. Sometimes that'll hurt. I understand.
3. Allo needs to get communication strategy structured. It basically took me
quite a while to get through all the numerous different forums where Allo
is active to find out what's actually going on with Shanti.
If something pops up at any place simply put a remark about it on your
product side. People do not know if their own devices having a unique quality issue, if these are user issues, if there are series issues, or if people simply got it all wrong...
Only this way you can stop that bad press gets spread and myths are building up!

Allo. I really intend to support you here. This is not meant to be a bashing post. Trust me on that! I really appreciate all your efforts.

You're welcome!

Let's talk about technology.

I do think, not that I didn't mentioned it before, that a supercap buffer supply, obviously needs a DC voltage control feature on the output.
E.g. A relay should turn the outputs on and off at a certain voltage.
And a green LED should show when the device/rail is ready to use.

I very well understood that Allo didn't want to put any intelligence into
the device because of noise reasons.
IMO the point is. If you go commercial you need to accept compromises. If you like it or not.

I :xfingers: that everything turns out well for Allo. (And for its customers.)

Have a good one.

Enjoy.

Wurth is sending 2 new samples of transformers that apparently do not heat .

I need about 2 weeks to receive and test.

If they pass the test we can start mass production. Sorry for the delay but we did not expect the issue on transformers and in the box it became more apparent . Lucky we got it using our thermal camera.

That is good news. After all the effort you have put into developing a true audio SMPS , I'm looking forward to trying them.

Hello,

@cdsgames, will it be possible to power DAC that requires 5V / 1A from USB port marked as "WiFi/BT" on USBridge Signature? USB signal would be taken from "clean" USB port, "WiFi/BT" would be used just for power.

I'm thinking about TOPPING D50s TOPPING D50s ES9038Q2M*2 DAC Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC DSD512 32Bit/768kHz Hi-Res Audio HIFI Decoder

– SHENZHENAUDIO

Thanks,
Przemek

I will have to check but WIFI BT is slightly under the 1A because of the components rating . Will do the testing this week and will let you know

Hello Guys,

Thanks for replies, I know the possibilities of Shanti however I own now a nice LPS already :D

My question is still valid- @cdsgames, will it be possible to power DAC that requires 5V / 1A from USB port marked as "WiFi/BT" on USBridge Signature?

Looking forward,
Przemek

I tested my Shanti regarding the voltage issue. I do not see the issue on my device. It'll get to about 5.1 V in less then 2 seconds - with load attached.

But that doesn't mean that Allo is off-the-hook.

There

* seem to be quality issues
* documentation is not existing
* communication is inconsistent & spread all over the places, if not missing at all

and - once more that's my personal opinion - I do think it would be worth
to spend some thoughts about a DC-rail control feature (relay/LED)

That'll be it from my side.

Isolator 1.2

If Shanti PSU is used, is the Isolator (v1.2) still required for galvanic isolation with RPi, or it has been taken care of in Shanti?

If an IFI adapter is used to power a Katana, and the Allo adapter used for powering the RPi, does the Shanti provide an improvement in sound enough to justify the additional cost?

What's your experience folks?

If Shanti PSU is used, is the Isolator (v1.2) still required for galvanic isolation with RPi, or it has been taken care of in Shanti?

If an IFI adapter is used to power a Katana, and the Allo adapter used for powering the RPi, does the Shanti provide an improvement in sound enough to justify the additional cost?

What's your experience folks?

I've had the exact setup you're using, let's call it A (D: stock, C: iFi).

Then I upgraded the clean side power to a Jung-type super reg, and shortly after replaced the stock adapter with an ebay'd "Studer 900" LPS. I'll use B for reference.

B was a significant step up from A, and I was quite happy with it, expecting marginal improvement from the Shanti. To be honest, the main reason I bought the Shanti was so I can save a socket and an audiophile power cord.

Boy was I wrong.

The Digione Sig is a very good streamer, but falls a bit short compared to hi-end brand products I've auditioned. With the Shanti, I feel that the Digione Sig firmly sets itself in the big league. The cost is ridiculously low for such a big jump in sonic improvement.

TLDR; Shanti >>>> Good LPS >> iFi + stock