• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module

Joined 2009
Paid Member
but change to 1541 can play as same setting

The XMOS USB interface controls the DSD decoding, and the dac1541 and dam19x1 use the exactly same XMOS firmware....

So both should work the same. The only difference is that the dac1541 can switch between UAC 1 and UAC 2, while the dam19x1 is fixed at UAC 2. UAC 2 is needed for DSD.

I have no idea if DSD don't work, but who knows how Windows work....

Hi Søren,

Do you have manufacturer part numbers for the rear panel connectors? I see the center-line dimensions on the component locator PDF but I'd really like some datasheets with recommended panel cut-out dimensions. My calibrated eyeballs are not what they used to be!

Thanks!

Kudos and thanks to Ryan D. at Søren's USA distributor Mod House Audio. Ordered my dam1921 on December 14th, it shipped the 14th, and arrived today well packaged and safe December 18. I will report once she is on and making tunes.

The set of accessory PCBs are an amazing value at only $35.

Søren, as a fellow EE who also lays out the PCBs for my designs please accept my compliments on the PCB layout and build quality for the dam1941/1921. Very elegant.

Lucky you. The 1941 i ordered was still at an unknown location 14 days after ordering, so had to cancel. Apparently no US stock was available on Black Friday.

Otoh, the lack of a functional i2s input would have driven me nuts.

It's the internet so no compliment can go unanswered.

I must admit that the logic escapes me here, maybe I am tired after a long workday. So the complaint is during the height of the post-Amazon holiday shipping crush a delivery of a rarely discounted Søren DAC was lost so an order was canceled on a unit you were having buyers regret on due to a lack of I2S input? It seems to me analog_sa was spared "driven me nuts" while Søren or distributor suffered an expensive inventory loss. That is a valuable nugget of data, I guess maybe or maybe not.

Thanks for the nice words Norman, appreciate it.

I was in a time crunch, had only planned to have the Power Supply PCB ready at launch, but decided to design all the PCBs and have them ready too, without time for prototypes....
So I then had to delay firmware for the 2nd I2S port a little, figured out not that many would need it at first, the dam19x01 still have the USB interface built in, using the 1st I2S port....

It's the internet so no compliment can go unanswered.

Oops. Sorry, did not realise this was your first praise here in three years. And of a business associate. Should have shown more understanding.

The US store gave no indication there was no US stock available at the time of ordering and this is my only gripe. Knowing the product was not ready to ship anyway is just a consolation.

Hi Søren,

I'm still wondering if you can hook us up with some connector part numbers, specifically for those on the rear of the DAC module. Pretty please? I'd like to get a nice machined rear panel from Front Panel Express and I'd like to nail the panel cutouts on the first rev.

BTW, like Norman Tracy, I'm also a professional EE and I lay out PCBs for a living (optics industry). Your DAC module looks fantastic. Well partitioned and very well laid out. It's a joy to look at.

Happy Holidays.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Attached is the dac1541 rear drawing. It use the same parts as the dam19x1, the digital inputs are in the same sequence, that should do for now. More info in next version of the manual.

Attachments

• Bagplade.jpg
    Bagplade.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 901
Thank you Soren,

How it will happen in the following case:
The source is a Windows PC with JRiver player which outputs 6 channels thru PCIe card with 3 AES outputs (3x2 channels). There are a DRC (Digital Room Correction) FIR filter applied for all 6 channels.
If one connect 3 DAM1941 (3x2 channels)(AES input),
will it work correctly (sync/clock wise) ?